US AAirways A330 forgets to take the wrapper off a catering truck

Last edited:
And so are its' idiot pilots......
Wait...what?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gol_Transportes_Aéreos_Flight_1907

"CENIPA concluded that the accident was caused by errors committed both by air traffic controllers and by the American pilots, while the NTSB determined that all pilots acted properly and were placed on a collision course by a variety of "individual and institutional" air traffic control errors."
Let me re-state:
And so are its' idiot pilots and its' idiot controllers. There, better?

Let me re-state:
image.jpg

Strong with you punctuation is not.

Then I humble myself in the midst of your vast knowledge noble one. Please teach me the proper way...

Can you explain why the pilots are idiots? After that, explain why the two investigating authorities had a different theory what happened. Then why don't you revisit your posts in this thread.

Let me re-state:
Huh? I haven't read anything about that accident that would make me think the Legacy crew has any real blame in the collision, yes there was the accidental transponder issue(IIRC they either put it on standby or otherwise disabled the altitude read out with an inadvertent bump of the foot), but I wouldn't call them idiots because of it. I look at it as a tragic coincidence that was the last link in the chain, but hardly the cause. ATC dropped the ball on that one.

Then I humble myself in the midst of your vast knowledge noble one. Please teach me the proper way...
Not sure where you're from but the proper use of the english language when sending written messages was drilled into my head starting in kidnegarten, doodles and drawings were unrestricted. The note I tried to send to Tiffany was intercepted by the teacher and while every word was spelled correctly and the grammar and puctuation were correct, the drawings were very graphic. It was very embarrassing and served as a life lesson. I got over it eventually and got my pilot cert and an A/P.

Not sure where you're from but the proper use of the english language when sending written messages was drilled into my head starting in kidnegarten, doodles and drawings were unrestricted. The note I tried to send to Tiffany was intercepted by the teacher and while every word was spelled correctly and the grammar and puctuation were correct, the drawings were very graphic. It was very embarrassing and served as a life lesson. I got over it eventually and got my pilot cert and an A/P.
Blah, blah, blah...that's what I got from your post. Now respond to my post...

Blah, blah, blah...that's what I got from your post. Now respond to my post...
Stop it, kids.

Hopefully he doesn't get a trip to Brazil. I thought I read a new warrant was issued for the crew after they left.

@Gonzo - yep, he was a post 9/11 furlough.

And it's my understanding he's restricted from a decent amount of international flying due to said warrant. Doh!

So how bout that drunk catering truck driver in PHL that took out a 200 million dollar airplane. ;)

Back