US AAirways A330 forgets to take the wrapper off a catering truck

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
Whoops.

vchPVGw.jpg

VcbpFyb.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/ApjTk

Ooops. I remember looking over insurance claims for an FBO/Airport manager. The things they did to planes were stunning.

Gat-dang! Look at the size of the cable that sends power to the radar. I bet the two lower plugs go to the two MMR antennas.

Also, lol, I see the Capt's rudder pedals.

3LEaxjE.jpg

Forget Mercedes-es and Lexuses, they ought to put some of those anti-collision emergency braking devices on airport catering trucks.

Gat-dang! Look at the size of the cable that sends power to the radar. I bet the two lower plugs go to the two MMR antennas.

Also, lol, I see the Capt's rudder pedals.

3LEaxjE.jpg
That might be a wave guide, It's a hollow tube that passes the info in/out of the antenna to the DCU. I dont work on 121 type aircraft so there's a pretty good chance I'm just talking out of my ass.

Ouch.

Is it really that expensive to fix that area that it's a write off?? I realize, that's a really serious job since you're dealing with the cabin pressure vessel, and a major repair would have to be done here, but how is it so cost prohibitive?

Ouch.

Is it really that expensive to fix that area that it's a write off?? I realize, that's a really serious job since you're dealing with the cabin pressure vessel, and a major repair would have to be done here, but how is it so cost prohibitive?

Seems like a great time to get the Airbus guys involved, rather than scrap an entire airframe.

C
Ouch.

Cant speak about a A330, however a hanger fell on a few corporate jets due to ice and snow a few winters ago. They needed some significant work and repaint. It took them a while as they both went back to the manufacturer but both were returned to service.

Back