Tours?

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
We need to get working on tours.....

who are the folks that can help me with this?

what tour(s) would you like to do?

I know Pengy will probably help out since he has the connections with the MGM guys and Allegiant....However, it would be awfully nice to find another person who can help him coordinate or what not.

If anyone has any other suggestions or contacts for behind the scenes tours, let me know...

Not really aviation related, but how about the hike again? Also, I tried last year, but it never happened, to get down to the damn. Maybe if we plan a bit more this year that could happen.

As far as aviation stuff... tower/tracon would be fun again.

Didn't Southwest just open a Las Vegas base?

Do we know anybody that works over there?

I believe they only have an mx facility right now. I have heard they purchased office space off Sunset but Im not too sure if its operational just yet. I can find out.

I like the idea of going to MGM Corporate and Allegiant. It would be very cool if we could get in the TRACON. I've been in a lot of towers, but have never been in an approach facility. That would be really interesting to see.

I vote for a hike also.:)

I liked the Allegiant tour, and missed the Tower tour when I came to NJC. The TRACON tour sounds fun and so does the MGM flight department tour. I would love to see the insides of one of those swanky planes (which hopefully don't smell like a bar @ 2 a.m.) and see how they run a big corporate flight department...

Hopefully I can actually get the time off this year... the people I work for are notorious for giving min days off.

I'm living in Vegas and can help with the ground work for whatever you guys decide. I can arrange anything at Allegiant and talk to the guys at Pan Am about a sim tour.

Thanks for the offer!! we'll most likely take you up on it!

It'd be great to get back into the sims again...

Kristie

I have a contact at Jetblue, trying to work out some sort of Jetblue tour in Vegas, this would be at their maintenance facility.....

I'm living in Vegas and can help with the ground work for whatever you guys decide. I can arrange anything at Allegiant and talk to the guys at Pan Am about a sim tour.

Oh good! I had no luck with getting sim time out of PanAm last year, even Wayne tried to help....

Also, getting some time in the new cabin trainer would be fun, the cabin trainer has motion & smoke.......

Hey Pengy... as far as my prelim itinerary goes, i've already kept all the mornings open for tours....afternoons would contain roundtables/recruitment etc.

I'm assuming (?) that'll work since we've had most of the tours in the AM as it is?

Hey Pengy... as far as my prelim itinerary goes, i've already kept all the mornings open for tours....afternoons would contain roundtables/recruitment etc.

I'm assuming (?) that'll work since we've had most of the tours in the AM as it is?

Got it boss lady, aviation tours in the morning.....
approval.gif
smiley-faces57.gif

I *think* I know the assistant station manager for Airways at LAS. Let me do some emailing and see if they can do something. The Alaska tour Pengy set up in SEA last summer was da bomb diggity.

The Alaska tour Pengy set up in SEA last summer was da bomb diggity.

That was probably one of the best tours that I put together, Alaska Airlines, a quick ride in the 737NG simulator, & the Boeing sales presentation, could not have asked for a better tour. Nonstop action for about 6 hours:rawk:

I have yet to be able to visit any type of ATC facility personally. Though I think visiting airlines is cool, and was definitely loving the Gulfstream jet tour at the MGM last year(Pengy is the man!), JC also has alot of newbs like me that could probably use the tower and TRACON tours. I don't know alot about how to organize these things, but I would love to help out if I can.

I know we had some problems just trying to get a tower/TRACON tour together last year....we'll have to see if their aires are still up this year about having visitors come in...

Anyone besides pengy have any LAS ATC experience or connections?

I'd say the view from LAS tower has to be pretty much spectacular! My top choice though would be the MGM flight dept. Nothing beats a nice private jet :)

Back