Tips to Get the Most Out of ACE Career Fair!

If your purpose in having a business card is to assist others with their career aspirations or to network without looking to change employers, using a card from your current work is fine. For example, my DH has his company issued business cards which he has handed out to some who are looking to get interviews at his airline when they resume hiring in 2011.

But, if your goal is to talk to recruiters at the event and eventually get an interview, I would get a small supply of personal cards to give to them with your resume.

I have Delta cards, Jetcareers cards and Aviation Career Expo cards.

Re: Business Cards

Yes, Bring business cards!!!!!

But as important as having them is knowing when to give them out!

So.....I have no idea what to put on a business card. I mean, I get the obvious name, email, cell #, etc....but what specific info in regards to aviation would be good? Any examples I can see?

I have some for my LLC, but that wouldn't do any good at this event.

Make new ones; don't use ones with your current company's name!

Good thing I read the rest of this post before my wife printed off my business cards. I had her put our company's logo on them. :dunno:

I've never been issued business cards at either of the two company's I have worked for. Other than the obvious.... name, phone number, and email address.... what other info should be on the business cards?

And how about designs or background pictures? Or should they be plain solid white background?

Good thing I read the rest of this post before my wife printed off my business cards. I had her put our company's logo on them. :dunno:

I've never been issued business cards at either of the two company's I have worked for. Other than the obvious.... name, phone number, and email address.... what other info should be on the business cards?

And how about designs or background pictures? Or should they be plain solid white background?

I had some business cards made a little over a year ago when I was out of work. Mine are simple, but it works.

Obviously name on top in bold letters. Below it I have "Professional Pilot - ATP, CFI, etc." Bottom left corner is my phone and email address. Bottom right corner it says "Professional Pilot Services, Personalized Flight instruction.

I can use them for personal use and also freelance work. Printed on good cardstock with raised ink.

Please don't pull a Mark Zuckerberg angle on the business card with the "I'm a Pilot, B--", ok people? ;) :sarcasm:

Re: Business Cards

Yes, Bring business cards!!!!!

But as important as having them is knowing when to give them out!

And take care of the business cards that you will be receiving, don't make the mistake of throwing them in a bag & then losing them at the end of the day.

What if its your own company? :D

The cards I'm bringing are my "Furloughed Industries LLC" cards. :) My own little biz...

At AMR, you could order official business cards with your name & a phone number. The CP or inflight office had the order forms. It was basically a "as is" card though, all you gave them was a name, job title & phone number, you had no choice at all about the logo or card design.

Back