Tips to Get the Most Out of ACE Career Fair!

That would be a complete shocker if you can accomplish that feat!:beer::D
I know. Previous Vegas events have been more vacations for me- I know my first time attending I *really* needed to blow off some steam.

A little spit and polish, this go-round. Seriously though- you've challenged me on it... therefore you've more or less guaranteed it.

Fastest way to see me do the impossible? Tell me I can't. ;)

(Once the professional stuff is over, you may have to fish me out of the canal at the Venetian, though. No promises. Ha!)

In your experience what makes a good objective? Just more general like "Looking to pursue a career in the aviation industry?"

I would not say you are looking to pusue... you are looking to provide extraordinary customer service in the aviation industry as a ...pilot, fa, mechanic, etc....or something of that sort.

Good luck! I wish I could be there with you all, whispering in your headsets as to what to say like they do on TV! But fate has dealt us another blow. If anyone wants interview tips, feel free to PM me.

I would not say you are looking to pusue... you are looking to provide extraordinary customer service in the aviation industry as a ....
Thanks for this....I had not heard this one before.

Folks, then go and be the best customer service representative you can for your company. Make it more than a slogan to get hired.

So, I've been getting lots of PM's! If anyone wants to send me their stuff to review, I'd be glad to do so!

Again, think about what things mean to you and be prepared to talk about it--either at the fair or at the interview. For example, if you talk about delivering great customer service, think about what that means to you. How do you define it both externally for the customer and internally for your co-workers? Can you cite examples of how you delivered it? Can you cite times when things were not so great and what you learned from it?

Practice your delivery. Practice in front of a mirror. Note your gestures and mannerisms (and be conscious of the ones you need to eliminate).

Good luck to everyone!

Can we get a few of our JC people to offer up examples of their resumes for review and format? Pull important stuff off, of course.

Oh and, by the way, this came up today. Personally, I don't have an Objective on my resume. As others have said, that is obvious. What I do have, is a Profile. There, I quickly summarize all my great qualities and scope of experiences in two sentences.

So, you might want to consider something like that.

And be sure to print your resume on resume paper (available at any store that sells paper). Don't print it on any color than white or cream, despite your temptation to print it on sky blue paper! :)

Keep those resumes coming! I'm bored at work and need a distraction from life!

Oh and, by the way, this came up today. Personally, I don't have an Objective on my resume. As others have said, that is obvious. What I do have, is a Profile. There, I quickly summarize all my great qualities and scope of experiences in two sentences.

I like that idea! As of now, I do not have an Objective on my resume. It just doesn't work in a job fair enviroment. I'm going to go with the Profile approach!:)

No--I've never been there and can't make it this year. My life is crumbling around me as we speak. My mother always said, "If you have your health, you have everything." She was so right.

But assisting people is good therapy for me. So bring it on!

I know. Previous Vegas events have been more vacations for me- I know my first time attending I *really* needed to blow off some steam.

A little spit and polish, this go-round. Seriously though- you've challenged me on it... therefore you've more or less guaranteed it.

Fastest way to see me do the impossible? Tell me I can't. ;)

(Once the professional stuff is over, you may have to fish me out of the canal at the Venetian, though. No promises. Ha!)

$1 says he doesn't jump in...:rotfl:

I think I've answered all the PM's. If anyone else wants me to review their work, let me know. And if I skipped someone's request, I apologize. Feel free to send me a nastygram reminding me of my oversight!

Funny, in a review of my resume I had the person tell me to add an Objective......:rolleyes:

But, that's why you paid me the big bucks (LOL) to review your resume and help you customize it! It's not one size fits all! In your case, you need one. You'll be so awesome! You are awesome!

Why isn't there a smiley for clinking wine glasses (I don't drink beer)?

Back