That just happened...

Flyinthrew

I just got hired at Delta. I knew I could do it, but I can't believe it. I know there are some here who have some negative feelings for DAL, but it's exactly where I want to be.

Thanks for letting me listen to your conversations over the last 3 years and ask some weird questions to learn about the industry.

I don't even know what to do with my hands now that I don't have to study interview stuff or work on apps, logbooks, etc. I guess it's time to get Skyclub hammered!

Last edited:
I just got hired at Delta. I knew I could do it, but I can't believe it. I know there are some here who have some negative feelings for DAL, but it's exactly where I want to be.

Thanks for letting me listen to your conversations over the last 3 years and ask some weird questions to learn about the industry.

I don't even know what to do with my hands now that I don't have to study interview stuff or work on apps, logbooks, etc. I guess it's time to get Skyclub hammered!

Congrats! Hell of an achievement!

What were your quals/ times that got you the interview and what triggered the interview for you?

I would say the bid D is the number one place to end up in this environment, so congrats on that incredible achievement!!

I know there are some here who have some negative feelings for DAL, but it's exactly where I want to be.

If true, not the place for it. YOU put your nose to the grindstone and got yourself where you want to be

If someone likes DAL or not, they should be happy for YOU.

Congratulations on your accomplishment! Best of luck going forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Hell of an achievement!

What were your quals/ times that got you the interview and what triggered the interview for you?

Sure. Flying-wise I'm a Harrier instructor pilot, NATOPS Evaluator, NATOPS Instructor, and Director of Safety along with a list of other "along the way" stuff. After adding the standard military conversion factor I have 2129 TT w/ 1433 TPIC. I am also the NATOPS Program Manager for Harrier and the three nations that fly it along with a bunch of other leadership stuff. Civilian wise, ATM and active MEI.

I have no check ride busts.
I have a 3.5 GPA with a BS in Physics from a state school.
I coach youth baseball and volunteered for Hurricane Florence recovery.

As far as getting the app noticed (which is unequivocally the hardest part), I attended Delta's ATP-CTP in December of 2018. That is good for a guaranteed app review by pilot selection in the same way a hand-walked internal silver bullet works. It gets the app noticed, but it's entirely up to you for it to be ready when somebody finally picks it up.

Congrats! SJI is a great airline and offers a good product.

Last edited:

Congratulations and welcome! :)

Back