Seeking Advice for Transitioning into 121 Entry-Level Jobs

Bananananny

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to seek some career advice and guidance on making the transition into 121 entry-level jobs. My professional journey has been quite diverse, and I'm eager to pivot into the aviation industry.

I spent the majority of my career working in various clothing retail positions, eventually progressing to the role of a store manager. However, after nearly a decade, I decided to take a different path and transitioned to the rental industry with Enterprise. This move was an attempt to reshape my career and expose myself to a more structured corporate environment. Unfortunately, due to the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic and an unexpected shift in my role from working at the airport to a suburban location, I found myself navigating through various roles.

My recent work experience involved an analyst and fulfillment position with a mortgage company during the mortgage boom. While my journey has been dynamic and full of learning experiences, my heart is set on pursuing a career in dispatch within the aviation sector. I'm extremely passionate about it, and I believe it's time to explore it further.

I've been actively applying for jobs near my location, particularly around EWR, Teterboro, and JetBlue, as these are the closest positions that align with my career aspirations. There's also Monmouth Jet Center, which is an FBO nearby. I'm considering inquiring about line service and how I can contribute there, given my prior experience of renting cars from this facility.

If anyone is willing to review my resume and provide feedback, I'm open to sharing it via DMs.

Here's where I could use your guidance. Despite submitting over 100 applications in the past nine months, I've only managed to secure a few interviews. I would greatly appreciate any advice, tips, or suggestions on how to improve my chances of breaking into the aviation industry and securing a 121 entry-level job.

Your insights and support would mean the world to me. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Back