Skyway Shorts 360 down off SXM

I used to work for skyway a loooooong time ago when I was right out of flight school. This development does not surprise me in the least. Tommy Loumankin ran a very shady operation then and treated his pilots dog feces. He would cuss people out, scream etc all for 50 buck a day is what he paid us. Mx was shoddy if not down right horrible. The only good thing about that place is when it's finally closed for good by the Feds!

Can't help but wonder if the same thing that happened to me happened to them, coming in on approach in San Jaun and both engines rolled back, lost all thrust and was about to ditch in the sea when we got power back. I refused to fly aftereward and was told to find other employment, which I did, gladly!

I used to work for skyway a loooooong time ago when I was right out of flight school. This development does not surprise me in the least. Tommy Loumankin ran a very shady operation then and treated his pilots dog feces. He would cuss people out, scream etc all for 50 buck a day is what he paid us. Mx was shoddy if not down right horrible. The only good thing about that place is when it's finally closed for good by the Feds!

Can't help but wonder if the same thing that happened to me happened to them, coming in on approach in San Jaun and both engines rolled back, lost all thrust and was about to ditch in the sea when we got power back. I refused to fly aftereward and was told to find other employment, which I did, gladly!
Wow! How did the power roll back on both sides? How did you get it back?

Sad to hear. I'm so glad my days of flying junk are behind me!

Is this an official government article? Or who wrote it? I like the way they talk in the Carribean, and I understand they might change some of the way they write to reflect speech patterns etc, but even accounting for that.... This was a horribly written article.

Isn't this the second "bread run" aircraft to go down within a year? I'm not sure if I remember correctly but I'm wondering if it's the same operator.

Hopes and prayers to the pilots, searchers, and families..

Wow! How did the power roll back on both sides? How did you get it back?

My Captain had a total melt down at the time and was screaming we're gonna die - he then starts fooling around with the thrust levers and the engines started producing power again. What went wrong? I didn't stay to find out.

Hope the crew made it out okay, it just burns me that Loumankin would always brag about his operation never crashing never having a fatality despite how he did us and what he did.
I hope the FAA burns his butt!!!

UPDATE #1 FedEx Cargo Plane ***Reports coming in is saying a Short 360 FedEx. Cargo plane with 2 person on board dida emergency landing about 2 to 3 miles in the sea.Up to now no further information on the 2 people.

I think I've found someone with worse grammar and spelling than me!

This was the same inormative we received this morning, not sure of it's accuracy now. Definitely Skyway.

http://www.thedailyherald.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51134:eek:ne-missing-one-dead-after-fedex-plane-crash&catid=1:islands-news&Itemid=54

It's really shaken up a lot of the FedEx employees down here. Really unfortunate events

I was really close friends with the Skyway folks when I was down there.... fortunately everyone I know there checked in... RIP to those who have passed. BQN ramp is a tight community.

This one really hit close at home. I knew this guy from flight school

Who were the crew members? Sorry to hear. I hoped against hope the guys would have made it out alive. Everyone, please use this as a lesson. Never ever work for an operation like skyway, it could cost you big time in the end.

I remember when I first thought about going to skyway and Doug, along with a host of other JCers warned me to run. please everyone, for your own health and life, if it's like skyway stay away. I know some have getthereitis, like building more time, etc. but please wait. Your opportunity will come. Where I work I am now a Captain. Please be patient.

Who were the crew members? Sorry to hear. I hoped against hope the guys would have made it out alive. Everyone, please use this as a lesson. Never ever work for an operation like skyway, it could cost you big time in the end.

I remember when I first thought about going to skyway and Doug, along with a host of other JCers warned me to run. please everyone, for your own health and life, if it's like skyway stay away. I know some have getthereitis, like building more time, etc. but please wait. Your opportunity will come. Where I work I am now a Captain. Please be patient.

Captain was from Germany with US green card, I knew FO who was Rigaberto Lopez

Captain was Eric Schnell...Both were really nice people and the FO was getting ready to get married. I worked for the other Shorts company down there and We'd spend a lot of time on the FedEx ramp with the other crew so we got to know each other. Its the second pair of friends I've lost to a Caribbean cargo plane crash. RIP

I was in St Maarten this week, the night of the crash was a pretty stormy night. A bunch of us at the Sonesta were having dinner, and saw a bunch of boats and helicopters combing the water. It wasn't until the next morning we knew a Shorts went down.

The wreckage was found yesterday and the body of the copilot was also found today near the wreckage, clear skies and tailwinds for those two fellow aviators involved.................

Back