Ramp agent for Frontier Airlines

splitterz

hello I am new to this site.
I got interviewed for a ramp agent position for frontier airlines for eppley airfield in omaha yesterday and it went very well. They are going to give me a call tomorrow and about the job, but they left me with a very important tid bit of information. I am a full time student and for training for a ramp agent I am required to go to Denver for two weeks to train. Is this job even worth the trouble and has anyone on here had to go through training with Frontier?
Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly apprecaited and thanks for reading!

Hey! and welcome to the site.

I currently work for Frontier as a ramp/customer service agent. I went to the two weeks of training in Denver while finishing up my last semester of college. I just told my professors I was taking a job and it required two weeks of training and they all were more than happy to help me out. It has worked out well for me and I've been doing it for the past year. Working the ramp is hard work but it is pretty fun.

Beware you will be at the bottom of the senority list and will most likely work early in the morning, say 5am, or late at night until 12am. If that works for you and you want to experience what working for an airline is like you should at least give it a try if you can swing it.

Yes they do pay all expenses while there except for food allowance. They will write you a $100 check at the end of the week to reimburse you for that.

Yeah I know I would be at the very bottom and that is not really an issue with me. Just out of curiosity what benefits do you receive from frontier?

Travel:
You will get free flight benefits for you and 3 eligibles (parents, spouse, children, SO) after 30 days. You will then get 20 one way buddy passes after 90 days of employment to give to anyone you like.

Health:
There are a few health plans high deductable and low deductable. For part time the cheapest insurance is right around $120 or so a month, less if you are full time. There are also dental, and vision, and 401K but it is not being matched by the company right now.

I really did not like the interview process that frontier had out here in PHX. They also seemed very concerned that I had experience and I was a full time student. They did not believe me when I told them I made working for an airline and school work for me for almost 4 years already.

My interview was with the station manager and she said if you can make it work we would love to have you, if you can't that's ok too. There was never any concern from her. But, every station is different.

Back