Question about the Concorde

Turbolag

I was just wondering what the FO, the FE, and the Captain on the concorde were making. Does anyone know? My friend once told me the pilots make around 70k a year. Does anyone know the pay rate. Just curious.

presently, my guess would be there isn't much of a living to be made on the type - as far as I know, they're all retired and on display at various museums.

i seem to recall seeing a show about them on history/discovery back when they were in "revenue" service - not sure about the FE, but the CA had to have previously been a CA on the 747 - I'm guessing the pay was well beyond $70k...don't you know? all airline pilots are rich and make tons of money while working 2 days a month! :sarcasm:

but yeah, as far as I know, they've all been parked for several years...

presently, my guess would be there isn't much of a living to be made on the type - as far as I know, they're all retired and on display at various museums....but yeah, as far as I know, they've all been parked for several years...

Whoa! Swing and a miss :) The poster obviously knows they aren't flying since he asked how much they WERE making and not how much they ARE making.

Their pay would match whatever seniority they had. I could possibly see a FE making $70,000/yr. I remember from a documentary that a co-pilot said he could have been captain on a 747 but instead chose to be a first officer on the Concorde.

critical reading skills? for a kid in law school? nahh...those arent important. :)

aside from that miss, I'd like to think I was correct on the pay being more than $70k...if not, well, come on ump! that was a ball! wayyy outside the zone :crazy:

Whoa! Swing and a miss :) The poster obviously knows they aren't flying since he asked how much they WERE making and not how much they ARE making.

Their pay would match whatever seniority they had. I could possibly see a FE making $70,000/yr. I remember from a documentary that a co-pilot said he could have been captain on a 747 but instead chose to be a first officer on the Concorde.

Haha, thank you AirVenture. I remember watching the documentary,. the last flight of the concorde. I know my stuff.....I keep getting offers from ALL these airlines and cargo companies.....Delta, Southwest, UPS, Fed-Ex......but I usually wake up half way through :sarcasm:

:drool:

Back