PDX apartments

JordanD

Chinese Food Enthusiast
Movig up next month and looking for a room to rent or any recommendations of places where you can get a decent studio or something that isn't a total craphole/in the ghetto. Bare minimum a decent crashpad in case I have to commute while I find a place.

Portland has significantly raised rent in the last few years. I live in a 1 bedroom out in Gresham for 1050 a month. So be prepared to spend upwards of 800 for decent place as far as studios go. As far as location, try to stay either west or east of 82nd-181st if you are looking to live on the east side. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me, I will ask around if any other pilot types are renting out rooms.

Go across the river. It will be more expensive, but no state income tax!
Depends on your consumption to income level if that's really worth it. Plus no public transit on that side... or at least not very good.

Depends on your consumption to income level if that's really worth it. Plus no public transit on that side... or at least not very good.
Taking my car so not really an issue (Parking is a must though) and im assuming there's Uber/Lyft for nights I go out"

I lived in "The Couve" when I was PDX based...it's nice not having income tax, but it's a bit of a drive into downtown PDX.

If you need a crashpad or a room, let me check out classifieds and see if there's anything (and that allows Skywest...you might not be allowed ;) )

Despite being from Kentucky, pooping in a bucket isn't my thing.
You haven't experienced the northwest's houseboats. Nearly all of them are bigger than my house in a neighborhood.

houseboats2.jpg

Back