Passenger wants to know if you're sober.

What you're asking is for pilots to willingly, and completely, leave career progression to luck and timing, and that simply will not happen.

It is how it is and has always been for ...I'd have to say the majority of us?

Most companies have to suck up to where the money comes from today. I think that is also generated by fear, eh? What do you think? How can we change this if true? ...Like it is just drama but you have to take it seriosly to stay alive as if overly cautious but painstaking.
But why not stop and inconvenience the crap out of the jackwagon that accused you? It's no skin off your back. Most places are pay protected and what difference does it really make if you stay in the Hilton in FLL or the Hilton in AUS?

You do have an opinion on it. I do understand the procedure, don't get me wrong here. Your opinion should and does matter, we are not and shouldn't be robots in a sense. I guess its how you lay the opinion down that is the most difficult, I suck at that :)

But why not stop and inconvenience the crap out of the jackwagon that accused you? It's no skin off your back. Most places are pay protected and what difference does it really make if you stay in the Hilton in FLL or the Hilton in AUS?

Because you inconvenience everyone else (passengers). Why does the good always have to suffer for the bad in so many ways is something I will never understand. It's not even bad though, simply drama. It deserves no attention without proof.

Added text: I would't, as a passenger, pick an airliner which had a procedure for the pilot to delay my flight because a passenger accused him of being drunk. Would you? I wouldn't care if they did not charge me for the flight or not. I would be pissed at the lack of ...I can't even come up with the correct word. I need a break from jetcareers, great site though Doug.

Last edited:
Added text: I would't, as a passenger, pick an airliner which had a procedure for the pilot to delay my flight because a passenger accused him of being drunk. Would you? I wouldn't care if they did not charge me for the flight or not. I would be pissed at the lack of ...I can't even come up with the correct word. I need a break from jetcareers, great site though Doug.

Good luck getting around by air then. Just about all airlines follow the same procedure.

Good luck getting around by air then. Just about all airlines follow the same procedure.

Yup.

When we got accused, the whole situation, in my opinion, was idiotic.

But the FOM didn't say, "Co pilot! In your opinion…", it just said "Step 1…" :)

Because you inconvenience everyone else (passengers). Why does the good always have to suffer for the bad in so many ways is something I will never understand. It's not even bad though, simply drama. It deserves no attention without proof.

Too bad.

The procedure is a step in the opposite direction of a type 1 civilization. Don't get me wrong here and think what I am saying is to not follow the procedure now. I'm suggesting to question it with simple thought and logic. Procedures do advance and change for the better, right? I just hope it doesn't shift towards a police state any further than it allready has become. We shouldn't have to blow before every flight. We should be trusted without question. Trust is lacking within many of us on multiple categories and I think about this often (when able) while flying looking down at us as a whole civilization. I thought maybe I was alone in this issue but the more I look around the more I observe I'm not alone at all.

The procedure is a step in the opposite direction of a type 1 civilization. Don't get me wrong here and think what I am saying is to not follow the procedure now. I'm suggesting to question it with simple thought and logic. Procedures do advance and change for the better, right? I just hope it doesn't shift towards a police state any further than it allready has become. We shouldn't have to blow before every flight. We should be trusted without question. Trust is lacking within many of us on multiple categories and I think about this often (when able) while flying looking down at us as a whole civilization. I thought maybe I was alone in this issue but the more I look around the more I observe I'm not alone at all.
I think we all agree with you. That's the way it SHOULD be. Unfortunately, that's not the way it IS. You can complain about it all day long, or you can just realize that there's nothing you can do to change it at this point and just go with it.

I can provide clean sample, that's all. A little birdie told me that there was a demand for pilots. I can provide clean urines.

I've worked for the airlines since 1993. During that time, I provided clean urines.

IMG_2086.JPG

Back