OTS En Route training for 2008

There is an enroute class starting Sept. 17th. That is when I will be going to OKC and after that I am headed to ZDC. Enroute training is longer than terminal, but from I heard if you are a CTI grad, which I am, you cut out the 5 weeks Basic Training and then there are only 62 classrom days after that which is about three months.

What the heck is URET? So, just for clarification, because this is totally news to me-- enroute trainees are in OKC for a total of 6 months? and are you sure?

User Request Evaluation Tool, or URET, is a computer program that center controllers use for working with flight plans and strips and all that fun stuff. I think it can do lots more but someone else might be able to answer that more thoroughly.

Yes, enroute is 6 months at OKC total. That number's been posted here a few times in the forum (though not recently)

Whenever we do finally get to start enroute training, about 10 of us should live in a big house and see what happens when people stop being polite and start being real... Real World Academy, coming this fall!! Then every week, vote someone out of the house and all the castoffs have to share a 2 bedroom @ Meridian Mansions. :) On the last day of Academy we'll watch private confessions as a group, lol

Sorry to go off topic, but I am bored. :cwm27: Darts anyone?

You may want to bring her along. I had planned to just go to OKC myself so we'd have 2 incomes. I thought this was the "logical" choice. I received counsel from some very wise people that said leaving your wife for 3 months is a HUGE mistake. Long story short, she's coming with me, and I'd say it's the right choice. Somethin to think about. . .[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I told her just to get a part-time job with an airline so we could fly for free on the weekends to visit. She isn't completely sold on that idea.

Whenever we do finally get to start enroute training, about 10 of us should live in a big house and see what happens when people stop being polite and start being real... Real World Academy, coming this fall!! Then every week, vote someone out of the house and all the castoffs have to share a 2 bedroom @ Meridian Mansions. :) On the last day of Academy we'll watch private confessions as a group, lol

Sorry to go off topic, but I am bored. :cwm27: Darts anyone?

LOL!

What the heck is URET? So, just for clarification, because this is totally news to me-- enroute trainees are in OKC for a total of 6 months? and are you sure?. . .

According to the FAA Course Catalog link posted at the beginning of this thread, if you were to attend OKC OTS and need to go to Basics in August, you would attend from 8/19/08 to 9/23/08, and then presumable straight into Initial En Route Training from 9/24/08 to 1/06/09. This is right around 4.5 months. Then if you look at the URET training for Initial En Route it lasts almost two weeks. So if my math is right, that would be just under 5 months. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

According to the FAA Course Catalog link posted at the beginning of this thread, if you were to attend OKC OTS and need to go to Basics in August, you would attend from 8/19/08 to 9/23/08, and then presumable straight into Initial En Route Training from 9/24/08 to 1/06/09. This is right around 4.5 months. Then if you look at the URET training for Initial En Route it lasts almost two weeks. So if my math is right, that would be just about 5 months. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
That sounds about right.

I don't know where u guys are getting this 6 month figure from but I just got my TOL for enroute OTS and it says approximately 16weeks or 87 classroom days in OKC which makes more sense to me. Maybe this does not include the 5 weeks basic training but then again why would they give me an official document saying 16 weeks if it was 21 weeks? I don't know but I hope it is only 16 weeks. I was under the impression that for enroute it is 3months plus 5weeks basic and for terminal 2months plus 5weeks basics for OTS.

I don't know where u guys are getting this 6 month figure from but I just got my TOL for enroute OTS and it says approximately 16weeks or 87 classroom days in OKC which makes more sense to me. Maybe this does not include the 5 weeks basic training but then again why would they give me an official document saying 16 weeks if it was 21 weeks? I don't know but I hope it is only 16 weeks. I was under the impression that for enroute it is 3months plus 5weeks basic and for terminal 2months plus 5weeks basics for OTS.

I think you've got it right. If you take the 87 classroom days and divide them by the five days in a work week, you get 17.4 weeks. Included in this is the supplemental two week URET training. With all this, you're looking at just a shade under four and a half months.

Ok...

So now it seems we're back down to 4 1/2 months again...

somebody wake me up when y'all figure it out

SLEEPY%7E1.jpg

According to the catalog
(50143) Air Traffic Basics (En Route) is 200hrs or 22ays 07/17/08 to 08/15/08

(50146) Initial En Route and User Request Evaluation Tool (URET) Training is 496 hrs or 64days. 08/18/08 to 11/13/08

Simple math 64 + 22=86 days divided by 5 days/week = 17 weeks & 1 day

This includes all training at OKC for en route trainees.

Back