Oh Skywest (or Southwest)?

What are they going to do? Arrange a phone call so you can both "talk it out"?

I've been less than impressed by pro standards at most of the places where I've worked. It seems like it's more about keeping folks out of the chiefs office than it is correcting a bad actor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same.

In my situation, there was a corrective phone call, a stern chat, but the behavior is still prevalent.

Going straight up the flagpole next time and I will happily fill speciality coffee orders and a delicious assortment of Dunkin Donuts to the hearing and let the chips fall where they may. I can’t tell you how many other people hav been affected downstream because I did the ‘right thing’.

Old enough to be far, far outside Matt Gaetz’s adoring attention and travel benefits.

This had got to be embarrassing for the Libs. They've been constantly ridiculing and deriding QAnon and dismissing it as a baseless conspiracy theory. But it turns out their truly is child trafficking being done by members of Congress who are close allies of a former President!!!

This had got to be embarrassing for the Libs. They've been constantly ridiculing and deriding QAnon and dismissing it as a baseless conspiracy theory. But it turns out their truly is child trafficking being done by members of Congress who are close allies of a former President!!!
It turns out that there was one (1) element of truth in the whole thing after all, I suppose.

Same.

In my situation, there was a corrective phone call, a stern chat, but the behavior is still prevalent.

Going straight up the flagpole next time and I will happily fill speciality coffee orders and a delicious assortment of Dunkin Donuts to the hearing and let the chips fall where they may. I can’t tell you how many other people hav been affected downstream because I did the ‘right thing’.

My experience with this at XOJET was the exact same. My gut feeling is to just call HR next time. I'm not sure how I'd do it really. I'd think that a call to the CPO or even just a scheduler and saying

"Yeah hi but I have to call out for this trip I can't complete it."

"Oh why"

"Oh the guy I am flying with is a real bigot. It is making me extremely uncomfortable and I no longer feel safe at work. Mostly he is just saying terrible things about Jewish people and I am Jewish"

Pretty sure the Crew Scheduling line is recorded.

He'd just go talk crap about the FO with his buddies (words like "snowflake" or "Karen") and spread it throughout the Captain ranks. FOs aren't the only ones who keep a 'list'.

As an FO I have to decide is it worth it to speak up, or is it easier to just avoid that pilot in the future.

Ask me how I know this. It is far, far worse at a merit based upgrade system.

During a SNAFU at the cargo gig, a very much merit based upgrade company, we found ourselves overnighting in a city with limited hotel rooms. Best idea was to get two bedroom apartment style suites, three of them. Two captains rooming together, the two fo's, and another for the two engineers.

The other engineer refused to room with me, he said he could not, since he is a Muslim and I'm Jewish.

A small "airline", we didn't have pro stands or even HR. But our owner, was a very rich Jew.

He failed his next PC and was let go.

Last edited by a moderator:
During a SNAFU at the cargo gig we found ourselves overnighting in a city with limited hotel rooms. Best idea was to get two bedroom apartment style suites, three of them. Two captains rooming together, the two fo's, and another for the two engineers.

The other engineer refused to room with me, he said he could not, since he is a Muslim and I'm Jewisj.

A small "airline", we didn't have pro stands or even HR. But our owner, was a very rich Jew.

Yeah well he probably knew how as a Jewish person you turned into a Demogorgon once the hotel room was closed and you'd try and trap him in your underworld lair.

My experience with this at XOJET was the exact same. My gut feeling is to just call HR next time. I'm not sure how I'd do it really. I'd think that a call to the CPO or even just a scheduler and saying

"Yeah hi but I have to call out for this trip I can't complete it."

"Oh why"

"Oh the guy I am flying with is a real bigot. It is making me extremely uncomfortable and I no longer feel safe at work. Mostly he is just saying terrible things about Jewish people and I am Jewish"

Pretty sure the Crew Scheduling line is recorded.

I’m very sorry you went through that. :(

Next time, in my circumstance and especially one like yours, if we’re at an outstation or at a base, we’re done and let the where they may.

I was told, “Well, if you would have left him in “X” that’s a director’s-level event and these things don’t happen very often“. But once i learned it wasn’t his first situation and that he’s still out there doing it, I feel guilty for helping enable the behavior because everyone knows about it, but it kept getting “worked out”. And now I’m tired of flying with shell-shocked copilots in a small base because I could have done way more about it.

Next time, in my circumstance and especially one like yours, if we’re at an outstation or at a base, we’re done and let the where they may.

I was told, “Well, if you would have left him in “X” that’s a director’s-level event and these things don’t happen very often“. But once i learned it wasn’t his first situation and that he’s still out there doing it, I feel guilty for helping enable the behavior because everyone knows about it, but it kept getting “worked out”. And now I’m tired of flying with shell-shocked copilots in a small base because I could have done way more about it.

The guy that did this to me at XOJET is now at SWA.

Feeling guilty myself.

Almost makes me feel like the whole do the right thing and talk to the person, then pro stands first is something that was done just to protect bigots.

During a SNAFU at the cargo gig, a very much merit based upgrade company, we found ourselves overnighting in a city with limited hotel rooms. Best idea was to get two bedroom apartment style suites, three of them. Two captains rooming together, the two fo's, and another for the two engineers.

The other engineer refused to room with me, he said he could not, since he is a Muslim and I'm Jewish.

He failed his next PC and was let go.

I’m aware of no such religious restriction that would prevent me from rooming in a case like that.

Btw, Islamically speaking, a Muslim guy can marry a Jewish woman (though not the other way around).

I’m aware of no such religious restriction that would prevent me from rooming in a case like that.

Btw, Islamically speaking, a Muslim guy can marry a Jewish woman (though not the other way around).

Better get that before it’s corrupted by our barbed Jewish penis’

Would you then be considered an outcast within ALPA?

There was a FO at VX who recorded his CA on a cellphone doing an epic meltdown. He took it straight to mgt and I do believe that CA was let go (resigned).

I just wonder if pilots decide to skip pro stans and go to mgt, is that a stigma? Paging @SlumTodd_Millionaire since he is the ALPA expert. Would a pilot in this case get fair representation down the road if he needed it? Would ALPA leadership see him as a snitch? Tanked a chance of any ALPA position in the future? Etc etc? Just wondering your take.

The guy that did this to me at XOJET is now at SWA.

Feeling guilty myself.

Almost makes me feel like the whole do the right thing and talk to the person, then pro stands first is something that was done just to protect bigots.

“Wonderful”. Meaning that all that has been “validated because, like most bigots, most people that aren’t in the effected group willl speak up.

“This guy was a noun, a verb and the ‘N’ word!”

”So what did you say when you asked him to stop?”

”Uhh, whutt? I uhhhh...”

Would you then be considered an outcast within ALPA?

There was a FO at VX who recorded his CA on a cellphone doing an epic meltdown. He took it straight to mgt and I do believe that CA was let go (resigned).

I just wonder if pilots decide to skip pro stans and go to mgt, is that a stigma? Paging @SlumTodd_Millionaire since he is the ALPA expert. Would a pilot in this case get fair representation down the road if he needed it? Would ALPA leadership see him as a snitch? Tanked a chance if any ALPA position in the future? Etc etc? Just wondering your take.

I really don’t care. The person in question is a known problem and clearly our system of handling such issues and keeping the CPO from getting involved does not universally work in more extreme cases.

But knowing what I know, having spoken to who I‘ve spoken to and having flown with copilots who tell me a story about “this guy they just flew with”, I would have removed him from the flight and followed the path to wherever it lead. If after 23 years that makes me a pariah, well, so be it.

As professionals, we need to do a better job at self-policing, with teeth. Professional Standards should be more than a telephone call and platitudes about how to get along with one another and how to choose the best tulip bulbs for spring.

Back