Oh Skywest (or Southwest)?

I mean, I guess SWAPA has Professional Standards?

What are they going to do? Arrange a phone call so you can both "talk it out"?

I've been less than impressed by pro standards at most of the places where I've worked. It seems like it's more about keeping folks out of the chiefs office than it is correcting a bad actor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are they going to do? Arrange a phone call so you can both "talk it out"?
Probably.

shrugs

I’ve not had to use it here at Ned, but my impression of it with the Mormons was “forget it.” Absent going to PS there, the standard management tactic when the kids fought in the sandbox was to snatch them both by their collars, dust some of the sand and dirt off of them, and give them both a line check (which, they’d certainly pass).

166138858_5852304371450035_3203187628320827499_o.jpg

I understand spending time with someone for a while but this kind of behavior should be called out, by either side.

Serious question, what would happen to the FO if they spoke up to the captain in this scenario? What’s the captain going to do? Throw the FO off the flight?

It's how you bring it up to the CA. IMO just do it in a respectful manner and let him know you don't like that kind of talk and makes you uncomfortable. Change the subject then. I can't imagine any CA pushing that further.

I understand spending time with someone for a while but this kind of behavior should be called out, by either side.

Serious question, what would happen to the FO if they spoke up to the captain in this scenario? What’s the captain going to do? Throw the FO off the flight?

The CA has to do some mental math pretty quick. He kicks the FO off and I'd say the CA will have won the battle but will lose the war in very short order. The flight may be "his" but his job sure ain't.

He'd just go talk crap about the FO with his buddies (words like "snowflake" or "Karen") and spread it throughout the Captain ranks. FOs aren't the only ones who keep a 'list'.

As an FO I have to decide is it worth it to speak up, or is it easier to just avoid that pilot in the future.

He'd just go talk crap about the FO with his buddies (words like "snowflake" or "Karen") and spread it throughout the Captain ranks. FOs aren't the only ones who keep a 'list'.

As an FO I have to decide is it worth it to speak up, or is it easier to just avoid that pilot in the future.

Exactly.

As a FO I thought only we would talk and spread the word about certain CAs and have a don't fly list. But now that I'm CA, I see the same as true for certain peculiar FOs. Of course, it's still up to us to set the tone.

Whether or not you agree with the pilot's statements - the airline is a business, and they don't discriminate on whose money they take when selling tickets. This guy has an issue with the people of SJC, and he's flying out of SJC.... what are the chances the back of the bus is full of people that he's disparaging? What if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was a left leaning pilot trash talking a conservative region while they're waiting to depart that region's airport?

Slamming your customers in their home town isn't exactly a winning business model. Especially when you aren't the only airline available there.

What if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was a left leaning pilot trash talking a conservative region while they're waiting to depart that region's airport?

Conservatives would boycott the airline until they fired the pilot and the incident would be used to prove liberals are coastal elitists who hate real Americans, with the audio clip being used in Republican ads, until at least 2071.

Whether or not you agree with the pilot's statements - the airline is a business, and they don't discriminate on whose money they take when selling tickets. This guy has an issue with the people of SJC, and he's flying out of SJC.... what are the chances the back of the bus is full of people that he's disparaging? What if the shoe was on the other foot, and it was a left leaning pilot trash talking a conservative region while they're waiting to depart that region's airport?

Slamming your customers in their home town isn't exactly a winning business model. Especially when you aren't the only airline available there.

Meh. Pretty sure Delta cancelled on NRA for travel rate code, no shortage of gun toting Georgians. No one really cared.

That's what the rumor was @Maximilian_Jenius , that the pilot is actually a liberal and did this to make fun of conservatives. I have no clue if it's true, again just a rumor seen from a whatsapp pilot group.

I'm sure SWA must have figured out who it was by now and disciplined appropriately.

That's what the rumor was @Maximilian_Jenius , that the pilot is actually a liberal and did this to make fun of conservatives. I have no clue if it's true, again just a rumor seen from a whatsapp pilot group.

Who knows but I could see that being the case- as I mentioned before the part about coal-rolling just seems a little too over the top. I guess Poe's Law applies.

I'm sure SWA must have figured out who it was by now and disciplined appropriately.
That’s the default conservative response now when they show their true colors. remember all the capital rioters were just antifa/blm playing dress up.

Back