Oh Skywest (or Southwest)?

In his defense, you ARE a bunch of weirdoes. Not taking a side, here. I like weirdoes, they're my tribe. But you definitely are a pack of unreconstructed communists, out there.

Also, I am a Sith Lord, but you'll forget that I admitted it because these are not the droids you're looking for.

In his defense, you ARE a bunch of weirdoes. Not taking a side, here. I like weirdoes, they're my tribe. But you definitely are a pack of unreconstructed communists, out there.

Also, I am a Sith Lord, but you'll forget that I admitted it because these are not the droids you're looking for.

If you believe what he said I can see where you'd think that.

No, it's true. There are more than the usual amount of unreformed commies out here. It really is a vanishingly small population though, blown out of proportion by their own loud voices and by the right-wing media who amplify it for their own purposes.

Most San Franciscans think the school board wanting to change the name of Lincoln High because he wasn't "woke" enough is ridiculous. Most Californians just want some tasty waves and a cool buzz and we're fine.

Fix

I’ll take Sith Lords and Hyundais over some dude who thinks “Coal Rolling“ has to do with anything pertaining to his association of cars and testicles ANY DAY.

Wingnut, stay east. And leave your iPhone, that’s from up the street and you shouldn’t enjoy the product of the labors of weirdos.

"Rolling Coal" should be a ticket straight out of the gene pool forever. I mean I think the sell is that it's somehow transgressive-in-the-interesting-sense, but these things aren't bifurcated in that way. That is, doing the thing that your putative ideological opponents least want you to do isn't an argument. The best analogue I can come up with would be something like a bunch of Furries getting nasty in front of your gated community, except that doesn't even really get it, because they aren't screwing up the entire world for future generations, whatever their sexual peccadillos.

As a Principled Conservative, I will happily sign off on summarily executing those who "roll coal". I will add that I think the execution should in some way involve coal and fire (for symmetry). Thank you, I will take my response off the air.

"Rolling Coal" should be a ticket straight out of the gene pool forever. I mean I think the sell is that it's somehow transgressive-in-the-interesting-sense, but these things aren't bifurcated in that way. That is, doing the thing that your putative ideological opponents least want you to do isn't an argument. The best analogue I can come up with would be something like a bunch of Furries getting nasty in front of your gated community, except that doesn't even really get it, because they aren't screwing up the entire world for future generations, whatever their sexual peccadillos.

As a Principled Conservative, I will happily sign off on summarily executing those who "roll coal". I will add that I think the execution should in some way involve coal and fire (for symmetry). Thank you, I will take my response off the air.

Thank you for coming to @Boris Badenov's TED talk

I hope so. I'm tired of all that crap. How hard is it to be a professional at work?

That’s why I love being based in LAX with younger copilots.

Surfing, mountainbiking, travel, where we’re going to eat when the pandemic is over. Super chill, super positive, super friendly. Not a cargo short, white new balance or faded epaulet in sight.

DTW was 99% chill, but there’s about 1% of the guys that needed Prozac, edibles or counseling that were amazed that I wasn’t afraid of getting kidnapped by a migrant caravan of MS-13 Bolshevik Vegans once we got to San Diego.

”I know a great place for ceviche!”

”OMG, I can’t believe you’re leaving the hotel”

”It... wasn’t an invite”

How do you feel about those same trucks equipped with train sized air horns?

How do you feel about those same trucks equipped with train sized air horns?
I was investigating what a custom horn installation would take on my car, so I watched a couple of YouTube videos from people that had replaced their factory horns. And I noticed a pattern develop. Every video would start off with them scampering back from the camera to get into frame. They had no cameraman. No beleaguered spouse to humor them for five minutes, no buddy to hold an iPhone. Nobody; the big-horn-havers were all alone.

So I dropped that idea and spent a quiet afternoon in reflection. (Still wouldn't mind a sweet-ass Cadillac tri-tone, tho.)

Not a cargo short, white new balance or faded epaulet in sight.
Sigh...
So, yeah, 52y/o WM. I like cargo shorts; been rolling Duluth Trading firehose work shorts for about 5 years, tough as nails, l wear them half the year. I wore others before. New Balance, white 624’s. They don’t look like a leprechaun chundered on them, all leather AND, come in 14 narrow; rolled those 25 years or more. My epaulettes, well they’re newish, I think.

Oh yeah, I’m from Ohio too.

So, <radio edit> nazis started wearing stuff I like, pisses me off no end. Nazis ruin anything they touch. So far I haven’t had to explain them on a trip.

I actively try to not be any of the “-ists”, ya gotta think about it many times, doesn’t come natural for some. A lifetime of just, absorbing stuff out of your environment, takes a while to sweat it out. The Navy helped, so did college. It gets easier. But sometimes you feel like you’re in a minefield, one wrong step and whomp, there goes yer career.

Honesty helps. Leave your shields down, never try to ”win” a conversation. Never tell a joke you wouldn’t tell, well, anyone. The straw men in you head, a lot of the time they’re the guy you want to be arguing with the guy your being. Feeling judgmental, superior? Likely your wrong, sometimes profoundly.

My failures are truly the only things that are mine. At least they’re trying to teach me something. And they can be good company, except when they won’t shut up at 2am.

Sorry if I harshed the vibe here. Ohio, not trending a way I like, but one can hope. I’m going to keep the shorts and shoes, nazis don’t get to define a damned thing. Faded epaulettes? That one was new, another thing to keep an eye on. At least they’re not backwards (Mesaba joke there).

Back