Officer fired for dragging Dr. David Dao off United flight sues airline, Chicago

I still think you are missing the bigger picture I'm trying to make about how airlines run their outfits, and about how commerce in general is increasing succumbing to the allure of playing games with fine print.

I look forward to a day when people take responsibility for their own actions in entering into contracts and don’t try to blame “the small print” because they’re too stupid to read, or at least accept, what they sign.

I look forward to a day when people take responsibility for their own actions in entering into contracts and don’t try to blame “the small print” because they’re too stupid to read, or at least accept, what they sign.

And I look forward to the day when folks treat each other like they'd like to be treated themselves.

At the very least, don't send my grandmother the following while pretending to be her "Neighbor". For some folks ATT still retains a legacy image of being a legitimate, trustworthy American corporation. So, for ATT to send this kind of offer to the elderly is as bad as the "medical emergency in a foreign country" scams now plaguing families.

Heck, don't send it to me, either. I'm a reasonably intelligent fellow, in my prime, who can - usually - read NOTAMs, and I can barely make heads or tails of this neighborly offer. At least not in anything vaguely approximating a timely fashion. I don't want to have to hire an attorney simply to secure phone or internet service. To do so would significantly reduce the fabulous value of that $70, er $85, er $113, er $170 dollar offer.

At the end of the day, as a society, we can choose to make things convoluted, onerous and inefficient, or we can chose to make things straightforward, easy and efficient. We can choose to proceed from a standpoint of opportunism or one of opportunity. We can choose to take advantage of each other, or to help each other.
IMG_9460.png
IMG_9461.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I look forward to the day when the big print can't be contradicted by the small print.

Agreed. Once he ceased following the instructions, now it's an LE issue. However UAL shouldn't at all be surprised that "force may possibly be used", because up to this point, he hadn't followed instructions. Granted, it had good case to be upset as a paying passenger who hadn't done anything except legitimately board the plane and go sit in his assigned seat and mind his own business; then all of a sudden is being told he's being kicked off the plane.....all so UAL can board crew that it needs to take somewhere? He has a great case to make for bad customer service, as like I said before, UAL should've just eaten the cost of getting a crew out there if there was no other way to, rather than screw over a revenue pax who had already been properly boarded and seated per his purchased ticket. Essentially being invited into the house, then being told to leave for no real good reason. Customer service fail.
Ask 'em, tell 'em, make 'em.

Back