Was only a matter of time.... airline denied boarding due to CAKE

Honestly, the whole thing is so silly to me from both sides of the spectrum. Don't put the cake near emergency equipment, okay cool. Put it on the floor under the seat in front of you (JetBlue has great legroom anyway). I don't know the remarks they said to the FA, but anything disrespectful is on the family. That entire debacle over a cake is just....wow.

It's not about cake. And it's not about whether you put it in a verboten overhead. It's about attention to detail leading to listening comprehension, leading to following instructions, leading to entitlement. Sure, any of the parties could be guilty of gruffness, but that's not the issue. You stay on point. Minor details are distractions from the big picture. Chances are, a sequence of events led to the family's removal and the events are increasingly poorly displayed as they are described. And then you have the cases where due process shows the action was NOT warranted. I find that to be rare. I gotta agree, though. WHO CARES. That goes for everybody. How many times have you seen somebody let things go? How many times have you seen somebody NOT let things go? How many times have you seen somebody, challenged, let things go? I rarely see that. Usually, as soon as the challenge is made, the ENTIRE rule book comes out. That is an almost certainty, lol.

Well, in their defense there isn't anywhere in Las Vegas that sells cakes.

Ha! So true. ;) All of those World-Class Resorts with Award Winning Pastry Chefs and Restaurants apparently have nothing on some bakery in Brooklyn. Not to mention I know I'd want to eat Birthday cake that had traveled in the midst of 100+ pax with an amazing variety of germs for 4 hours. :eek:

a) Ya can't store things where the emergency equipment goes
b) Ya can't store stuff in the cockpit.
c) NEVER EVER EVER EVER joke about a crewmember being drunk because it's not going to turn out well (axe me how I know)
d) "Please do this, but only if you feel it's completely reasonable for you personally" is a conversation that doesn't happen on an airplane.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the passenger in 15A has accused one of our crewmembers of drinking alcohol. She will be taken off the plane and drug tested immediately, causing a delay. Thank you."

When I first read this, I thought you were advocating taking the passenger off and have her be drug tested.

That would be brilliant.

In 08 had a pax make a false bomb threat against his connecting flight to Tel Aviv in EWR. I wish I had a video of him getting hauled off the plane by the cops and FBI. Didn't help that he was in the last row of the plane.

Had to deplane in the rain somewhere, entire plane was searched/ all the pax re-screened in the rain with bomb dogs etc.

First announcement when we reboarded? Alcohol's free tonight folks, we apologize for any inconvenience. Strangely, not a single complaint about that flight ;)

I think they knew exactly what they were doing and knew how to manipulate the situation in order to maximize the most amount of drama so it appeared to be in their favor. I think JetBlue should ban them for life. Not for being complete effing idiots but for falsely accusing a crew member of being drunk. God I hate people.

I've had really good, happy passengers all week. I came to work loaded for bear, but I didn't need to break out the passenger-be-good stick.
We shall henceforth address you as "The Rear Admiral". ;)
schools-allowed-to-spank.jpg

I don't understand the comments here. She moved the cake two different times to comply. Her comment was out of line but she was complying and yet keep getting grieve from the crew.
I think the story forgot to mention the part where she told the FA, "This cake is DA BOMB!!"

I think they knew exactly what they were doing and knew how to manipulate the situation in order to maximize the most amount of drama so it appeared to be in their favor. I think JetBlue should ban them for life. Not for being complete effing idiots but for falsely accusing a crew member of being drunk. God I hate people.

YES!

I'm trying to fit a 'cake by the ocean' reference somehow, can't figure one out but give me time :D
They had to have their cake by the ocean in New Jersey because they couldn't have it in Vegas.

Talk to me, baby
I’m going blind from this sweet sweet craving, whoa-oh
Let's lose our minds and go on jetBlue

I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the emergency equipment
Ah ya ya ya ya

I'd love an industry-wide "do not fly list"

Even make it like a minimum 5-years up to indefinite.

... What what if she was just trying to get to that Delta job fair?

I'm late to the party and I'm shocked someone didn't beat me to that one.

... What what if she was just trying to get to that Delta job fair?

I'm late to the party and I'm shocked someone didn't beat me to that one.

Oh man, good times.

So many of you guys got #TRIGGERED by that it was hilarious!

Often times when passengers start getting cute FAs don't have the ability to defuse the situation. Then they also start piling on as they go by. There is little "out" left for the passenger to save face and oftentimes this contributes to the escalating situation. Then throw in that the FAs will tell the CA they want a passenger off and without hearing the situation they are thrown off. Of course as a CA it would be hard to tell the FAs no...no one wants to be that guy and also it would destroy any CRM from the front to the back.

Hey, I don't blame the guy. I don't think I'd have the balls to walk up to a recruiter carrying a cake.

But it's still funny.

Apparently at job fair with Spirit some guy came dressed in a bright yellow suit, just like their taxi cab colors. A bright yellow with I think a black stripe on the side.

Gotta give points for originality there. Like you said, who has the balls to do that? From what I heard, he did get an interview at Spirit.

Back