Was only a matter of time.... airline denied boarding due to CAKE

It was probably an Airbus and if there were no jumpseaters the captain could have strapped it into the jumpseat. I've carried everything from cats to an occasional JSeater in the cockpit.:)

It was probably an Airbus and if there were no jumpseaters the captain could have strapped it into the jumpseat. I've carried everything from cats to an occasional JSeater in the cockpit.:)

Where in the heck do you work where you're allowed to put passenger articles in the cockpit?

If you are at a 121 carrier, unless you have some huge exemption that nobody else has, you are in violation of several FARs and DHS security policies.

200.webp

unaware of the threat posed by laser cats me thinks

I wanna say I've heard stories of some pilots taking very delicate items (eg, like a wedding dress) into the FD closet. I'd have to look in the GOM and see, but as mentioned above most likely not allowed.

DHS/TSA? "Hey, all pax bags are good enough to be in the belly of the plane and everywhere in the main cabin... but not the FD" Doesn't exactly sound comforting.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the passenger in 15A has accused one of our crewmembers of drinking alcohol. She will be taken off the plane and drug tested immediately, causing a delay. Thank you."

"..and since we are in an outstation and this was the last flight out tonight,we'll see you in 10 hours when our replacement FA arrives in the morning."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand the comments here. She moved the cake two different times to comply. Her comment was out of line but she was complying and yet keep getting grieve from the crew.

Considering he had the police called out on him, had his cameraphone on the ready, and is in the media calling for the flight attendant to be fired, I'm going to guess the FA isn't the jackass here.

When a CA decides to boot someone from a flight, do they go back and find out what's happening first or just go off what the FA tells them?

Don't worry they have the National Action Network on the case. Yeah, they took it there, the scarlet R.

If their story is correct about putting it under the seat in front of them, what's wrong with that? Not agreeing with any side of the story, but just playing devils advocate.

MOTION TO HAVE ALL CHARGES DROPPED. The Defendant technically DID comply with the first request...eventually.

Honestly, the whole thing is so silly to me from both sides of the spectrum. Don't put the cake near emergency equipment, okay cool. Put it on the floor under the seat in front of you (JetBlue has great legroom anyway). I don't know the remarks they said to the FA, but anything disrespectful is on the family. That entire debacle over a cake is just....wow.

Back