Mom alleges kicked out of Delta first class for crying baby

Yes, crying babies suck. But FFS, get over yourselves. If a crying baby is to much for you to handle, what else is!? Babies cry, SO WHAT!
No kidding! These baby replies are shocking. As humans, what could be more important than our babies?

Money, money is allowed in first class.

Something something, safe space.
Well, that and the long haired cats that people buy with that money. Ask me about my last Delta 1st flight (revenue Px). Yeah, after 15 minutes my eyes were watering and the sneezing started. Thankfully, it was only a 4.5 hr flight. The flight attendant was not even aware the cat was onboard (it was stashed in the seat back pocket); she thought the guy had only the dog that was sitting in the seat next to him.

My personal opinion of babies aside, if they purchased the seats, either through real money or some sort of upgrade instrument, they're entitled to it. I have a hard time believing someone would risk their career to kick them out of the seats they paid for. Something doesn't add up here.

Lots of things don't add up in the story.

Or most of the "ZOMG! Little old grandma frisked by the evil TSA" stories either.

Overpopulation?
Yes. Huge problem. Top of my list problem. Contributor to, or cause of almost every other problem we have.
But creating stress (additional stress) for mothers and their already extant babies is going to do NOTHING to help solve that problem. In the long term, stressing mothers and babies would likely serve to exacerbate that problem. When babies are being viewed as pariahs, it's not like they don't know it. Babies, like dogs, link to humans primarily through oxytocin. They "smell the love", or lack of it.

I also don't like them in restaurants, stores, my knee, or anywhere else I may have to listen to and/or smell them.
Well, I don't like listening to an SFO dudebro complaining about how he needs to do a face peel, he didn't know this flight had a stopover, and now we're diverting from an airport that has no ils and 3/4 mile vis in fog and that never happens when he flies virgin or JetBlue or whatever airline is favored by the young and hip, but he paid for his ticket just like I paid for my 2 year old who had a meltdown because she was exhausted.

Or most of the "ZOMG! Little old grandma frisked by the evil TSA" stories either.
Yeah, in spite of what the OMG, leads! Business, business, synergies crowd in first would prefer I doubt the lady got the boot simply for having a crying baby.

You also don't know how kids are going to react. Some parents hit the jackpot and children cooperate. Sometimes you don't. But I empathize with it, and put my earbuds in and all is good as long as my music is good or I'm flying on DL with the awesome entertainment selection. :D

Well, I don't like listening to an SFO dudebro complaining about how he needs to do a face peel, he didn't know this flight had a stopover, and now we're diverting from an airport that has no ils and 3/4 mile vis in fog and that never happens when he flies virgin or JetBlue or whatever airline is favored by the young and hip, but he paid for his ticket just like I paid for my 2 year old who had a meltdown because she was exhausted.

Yeah but you can tell him to shut up. Ugh I can't express enough my dislike for children. I think my wife thinks I'm joking. She may be disappointed.

(For the record, I've always suffered in silence. I'm certainly not going to be THAT guy.)

On the other hand, you're not going to tell someone willing to purchase a first class ticket on your airline they can't bring their lap child.

If you can afford first class, you can afford noise cancelling headphones.
I wear noise cancelling headphones every deadhead/nonrev flight, and there's been plenty of times where a screaming baby or kid overpowers them. They don't really do jack squat against that, and as others said if I was paying all that money for comfort on a flight, I'd be a little pissed too.
It's almost like people need to accept that there's a trade off between having kids and not being able to do all the stuff that you can do without having them ;)

On the other hand, you're not going to tell someone willing to purchase a first class ticket on your airline they can't bring their lap child.

If you can afford first class, you can afford noise cancelling headphones.

My last First Class flight on American, they gave me noise canceling headphones. Of course, the Trolley Dolly ripped them off my head an hour before landing. I was initially sympathetic, because I'm sure she'd had a lot of complaints after they ran out of breakfast. But then I realised I was hungry, because they ran out of breakfast. I suppose I was willing to purchase a First Class ticket, so I could afford to purchase my own breakfast at the terminal eight hours previously.

In short, why exactly do you expect anything special from a US airline's 'First' Class?

Oh, absolutely.

I have a feeling that “Mam, I’m sorry, your baby is disturbing the other first class passengers. Please do your best to calm him/her” became “We’re kicking you and your screaming crotchfruit back to coach and if you even complain in the slightest, we’re going back to the airport and throwing you in the gulag” somewhere between reality and social media.

Yeah but you can tell him to shut up. Ugh I can't express enough my dislike for children. I think my wife thinks I'm joking. She may be disappointed.

(For the record, I've always suffered in silence. I'm certainly not going to be THAT guy.)

I think your wife will be okay with your pet peeve unless she wants kids.

Oh, absolutely.

I have a feeling that “Mam, I’m sorry, your baby is disturbing the other first class passengers. Please do your best to calm him/her” became “We’re kicking you and your screaming crotchfruit back to coach and if you even complain in the slightest, we’re going back to the airport and throwing you in jail!” somewhere between reality and social media.

"How DARE you address me?! GOOD DAY, SIR… Good day."

I had an issue once where a passenger had moved to my crew break seat and proclaimed that (a) it was open and (b) he was having back problems and needed to lay more flat or he was going to have a medical issue.

I'm sure if he was Twitter-savvy and had GoGo internet access, I would have been "...an evil pilot DEMANDING that a sickly passenger move out of a seat because the sleepy pilot needed an untimately nap. SHAME ON SOUTHERNJETS"

Back