Metro tricks of the trade.

Lol I worked the line for a few years. Earphones ftw!
The funniest thing I've seen was when I taxied by a guy that was talking on his phone. He hung up and just glared at me. I gave him this face
images

This thread is great. Thank you! I start class on Monday, so any additional hints are always appreciated!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

4000 hrs in the Metro III at ChickenTaco (Chautauqua). Loved every minute in that bird! Flies like a big airplane, systems like a big airplane and will humble you in the landings with those itty-biddy tires made of rocks. I learned to land in a slight bank (ala..Bob Hoover) on one main at a time for grease'ers....I still use that technique today on the Bus and Boeings.

Have fun!

Last edited:
4000 hrs in the Metro III at ChickenTaco (Chautauqua). Loved every minute in that bird! Flies like a big airplane, systems like a big airplane and will humble you in the landings with those itty-biddy tires made of rocks. I learned to land in a slight bank (ala..Bob Hoover) on one main at a time for grease'ers....I still use that technique today on the Bus and Boeings.

Have fun!

I'm LOVING visuals in this thing! Hand flying in cruise is slightly irritating when heavy though. :)

LOLOLOLOL at "chickentaco"!!

Last edited:
Always fun watching our young female marshallers/ticket agents frantically trying to hold their skirts down while we shut the engines down and pulling them into beta to set the prop locks! Ahhhh....good times!

I haven't even asked what run I'm getting. Been consumed with studying, and looking at pictures of rainforest during my study breaks. I plan to see that ENTIRE island while I'm there.

My duty day now is 1:30 - 7 . Hard to imagine a better setup than that.

I haven't even asked what run I'm getting. Been consumed with studying, and looking at pictures of rainforest during my study breaks. I plan to see that ENTIRE island while I'm there.

There's only one Metro run there. St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Kitts and back. You'll tdy over to Aguadilla occasionally though

In the winter months. It's 7 hours, 11 to 6. 10 to 6 in the summer

Back