Looking for a target rich environment

ItsAFunZone

Hi JC!! This is my first thread on here, so I hope I don't come off as an ass....any more than I usually do ;)
I was hoping to get some advice on which airports have a high concentration of corporate jets and/or air ambulance operators. I am trying to plan out the next stage of my career and wanted to focus my efforts where they'll bear the most fruit.
I am currently a 135 freight dog flying a Metro spifr, CFI before that. I plan to be with my company for another year but I would like to begin my search. Should have about 2500tt with 1000tpic by the time I make a move.
Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It feels random to me, in the short time I have been working for AMF I have been approached by 1 corporate operator, 1 air ambulance company, and 1 guy who just owned his own king air and seemed semi interested in finding a pilot. I think the air ambulance guy would have interviewed me had I had the 2500 hours, and the corporate operator told me to get back in touch with them when I had more multi time. All this just occurred on the same daily run I have been doing for the past 5 months, 1 airport is small, and the other is medium sized class C. PM me if you want any more details.

It sounds like you are just looking anywhere and/or everywhere? Is there a certain part of the country you are looking in? If you narrow things down a bit you might get some more responses on here. There really are a lot of buy airports that fit the criteria you describe.

The best thing for you might just be to keep scanning the job postings on here or climbto350.com, instead of just concentrating on certain airports. Unless there is a certain airport you really want to work at.

I am from the Tampa FL area, so a job there/near there would be ideal. Right now I am just starting my search in the broadest terms possible, not wanting to eliminate anything without researching it first. I don't want to live in B.F.E. but I would for the right money, for a little while. I realize my question is impossibly broad, but that's what I was looking for, a list of places that have a bunch of "the next step" flying that I want to do. Job satisfaction, QOL, and of course $$$ all will play into my decision, but I'm afraid I don't have it narrowed down to "I want X job at XXX airport" yet.
That's what I was hoping JC could help me figure out ;)

A) Not Buffalo, NY.

B) If I were in your position, I'd stay Southeast. Specifically living in North Georgia and working out of Atlanta, but the whole region would do. It just seems like there's all kinds of corporate money being spent down there, and the cost of living hasn't gone up accordingly. Bear in mind, I did zero research to back this up, it's just something I decided several years back.

I would tend to agree with you. I already have my sights set on Atlanta, ft Lauderdale, and Charleston as hubs for what I'm looking for.

Back