Letter of Disapproval, MEI ride, bummer

Coming late to the game, I know, but I almost got dinged on my CFI initial because the old(er) Arrow I was flying had MPH V-speeds in the book and an airspeed indicator that had values in Knots. I had studied and knew them both, but when the examiner asked me about V-speeds I kept swapping between the two values... then having to go back and say, "Oh, yeah, that's the MPH value. Er... in the plane we'd see this..."

Ah the hoops you must hop through to be a pilot. It seems like they never end. You finish one checkride and it seems like your right on to the next one.

Ah the hoops you must hop through to be a pilot. It seems like they never end. You finish one checkride and it seems like your right on to the next one.

Well, that's the pattern. When you get to the top levels, it's a ride every six months.

At some point they become more of an annoyance than an event. Even so, you still will have a butterfly or 2, and expect more out of yourself than the previous time.

Yah i will have had seven checkrides this year, eight if i get my CFII. seems like a lot. I guess it all depends on how hard you hit it. I have people in my class who after a year don't even have their private pilot's license yet. For some reason they think flying an hour or two a week will get them there. It'll take a long time thats for sure. Oh well, every one has their priorities. Oh i almost forgot about the medical side of being an ATP. you have to get your first class medical every year (and over 40 every 6 months) right? more things to worry about. At least after i get my single add-ons my third class medical will be good for another four years. It makes sense though. As you fly bigger and bigger planes with more and more people you're responsible for a lot more.

Congratulations! Sounds like you had quite a grueling checkride experience overall, which is definitely something to be proud of. :) Good job gettin' through it. Now, as you said, on to the next one....

Back