JB MEC files for mediation

Yeah, somewhat. Significant difference being B6 management gave their pilots a raise outside of section 6 negotiations because it was the right thing to do; whereas NKS management deemed it appropriate to sue the pilot group for their deficiencies.

They just re allocated money at best. While giving 8% here and taking away from profit sharing... IMPO they like cost neutral

IN the rumor arena non are credible or verifiable yet.

I personally don't see F9, plus TMK F9 doesn't own much of anything asset wise. Plus you would have to deal with Indigo who probably over values the operation.

NK doesn't work two drastically different models and re-configs would take forever to add or delete seats depending on which one survives and who would want to deal with two pilot groups fighting for a contract.

UAL - maybe but could that even pass Anti-trust in the DOT?

Hawaiian - Who knows

Allegiant - Hope not...

Today, the NMB appointed Jim Mackenzie as our mediator. No additional negotiating dates have been scheduled, yet.

I've been in NMB mediation with Jim at two different properties. He is ex Northwest ALPA, incredibly smart, very, very good at moving the negotiating process along, and a good guy to work with. Out of the 4 or so guys at the nmb that to airlines, you got one of the better ones.

That said, the process is still the process and it might take a while.

Well that's unfortunate...but doesn't surprise me.

As much as nobody likes to hear it, there is value in moving money out of profit share (at risk) and in to wages (guaranteed). It might not be enough value to get a yes vote, but it's not a neutral shuffling of the deck chairs.

Edit: I say this mainly because now that the nmb is involved, this sort of thing is often considered a "move" and generates goodwill with the nmb.

Is Marc Espizeto still vp of labor relations?

As much as nobody likes to hear it, there is value in moving money out of profit share (at risk) and in to wages (guaranteed). It might not be enough value to get a yes vote, but it's not a neutral shuffling of the deck chairs.

Edit: I say this mainly because now that the nmb is involved, this sort of thing is often considered a "move" and generates goodwill with the nmb.

Is Marc Espizeto still vp of labor relations?

This hit the nail on the head. Though as of this instant it may "appear" that the 8% raise is offset by a reduction in profit sharing, that 8% raise has a very different risk profile than profit sharing. If JetBlue is ever less profitable than they are today - which, could very well be the case for the whole industry, since we are at/near historic airline margin peaks - then this deal ensures you are benefiting.

As I see it, that was damn near perfect timing on trading variable pay for fixed pay. Convert a good chunk of that "variable" pay into fixed pay as you are seemingly at/near the top of the mountain. It stays with you all of the way down

He's very, very good at what he does. He will write contract language that looks fine and then 4 years later have all kinds of holes open up like magic. That said, he's a nice guy and doesn't make anything personal. But if trust him about as far as I can throw him.

I was there and found it quite informative, especially hearing from the NC and our lawyer. Honorable mention to Tim Canoll as well, he shared some long term perspective.

Despite our operational shortcomings we're operating in a very successful company have no doubt. The company's earnings continue to be impressive, we're paying down debt, buying aircraft with cash, launching long term capital projects etc.. We're one of the least leveraged airlines out there. All these things suggest the company CAN pay. They're not stupid, they know there's a crunch for pilots. I think our position is solid.

Sorry I didn't have more of a chance to chat - I was running around all over the place trying to coordinate stuff. Thanks for the show of unity - did you get all the swag?

No Worries. It was a good event and we had a good showing, that hopefully will send a message.

I got it all but a shirt. They didn't have an my size...

I was there and found it quite informative, especially hearing from the NC and our lawyer. Honorable mention to Tim Canoll as well, he shared some long term perspective.

Despite our operational shortcomings we're operating in a very successful company have no doubt. The company's earnings continue to be impressive, we're paying down debt, buying aircraft with cash, launching long term capital projects etc.. We're one of the least leveraged airlines out there. All these things suggest the company CAN pay. They're not stupid, they know there's a crunch for pilots. I think our position is solid.

No Worries. It was a good event and we had a good showing, that hopefully will send a message.

I got it all but a shirt. They didn't have an my size...

Hope to see everyone is wearing their lanyards and SPSC pins out on the line.

Back