Island Air

blee256

Does anyone work for Island air? Or know anyone who does? What have people heard about working for this company? I think i am pretty close to their mins and plan on applying soon. any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
Brian

One of our CFI's just got picked up by them as an FO on the dash 8. That's the only aircraft they operate, I believe. He mentioned that they were taking their minimums down to 800tt/200 multi.

Of course, the cfi I work with who got hired by them had close to 2000tt and 300 multi....

what's up brain. Looking to move on from instructing? It's about time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Smilecrunch.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know much but you can't beat the routes they fly!

[/ QUOTE ]

their longest leg from gate to gate is 53 minutes! thats a busy flight. the only hesitation i have about island air is how can anyone afford to live in hawaii on a regional F/O's salary??

-Brian

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't know much but you can't beat the routes they fly!

[/ QUOTE ]

their longest leg from gate to gate is 53 minutes! thats a busy flight. the only hesitation i have about island air is how can anyone afford to live in hawaii on a regional F/O's salary??

-Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true and trying to non-rev to Hawaii can be VERY difficult. A couple of things though. Once a Hawaiian Resident things go down in price a little bit once you find the local spots to hit up. Find a comfortable apartment on Oahu and don't get a car. Oahu has a great transportation system known as TheBus. That should save you some money with gas and such.

Maybe you can still live in the states? Find out if AQ lets you jump seat and the general availability of that as a crewmember of Island Air. Maybe not a cockpit jumpseat but an open FA jumpseat as well.

Non-revving to Hawaii on space available is a total nightmare. Couple of people from SWA went to Hawaii on their honeymoon, had three space available back ups, and they still got stuck in the airport for four days.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can still live in the states? Find out if AQ lets you jump seat and the general availability of that as a crewmember of Island Air. Maybe not a cockpit jumpseat but an open FA jumpseat as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think that would work because when you work for Island Air, you come home every nite. So i would have to get a place to stay ther anyway.

-Brian

Back