Interviews and checkride failures

What about failing private, multi, and CFI. Rest of my record is clean, currently flying at republic for the last 2 years. Probably hosed for the majors? All were single fails not multiple times obviously.

Checkride failures are taken in context. The recency of the failure, number of failures, cause of the failure, and how you responded to it are all considered.

It is not uncommon to have busted a checkride, especially one of the CFI rides. I would say having more than 2 on your application may make it hard to get called for the interview and given the chance to explain the failure. If the application asked about the failure and gives you a spot to enter remarks do so. Keep the remarks about the failure brief and how you over came it.

In the interview be sure the own the failure and be able to tell them why you failed the ride and how you learned from it. After that the ball is in there court. You can even bust a 121 checkride and still get hired by a major. It's just all in the details of the failure.

It's just all in the details of the failure.

Do you mean...as the way you explain your failure or how you failed? I know I've just been taught to take the blame and never sound like it wasn't your fault in an interview. I don't have any but getting ready for CFI so I'm a bit nervous about that.

For other guys, I'd assume now with the regionals hurting so bad that having 2 would still be fine based on the way you justify why you failed in an interview. If you're out to get the examiner to this day, then I'd assume you won't be hired....

Same applies for the majors...Maybe? Just my assumption from other perspectives...

Correct me if I'm wrong. I mean Delta disqualifies you for not graduating in 5 years so who the he** knows.

Back