interested in attending flight safety?

bLizZuE

Calling for engine starts en français
I'm not sure if anyone knew about this, but I am keeping a blog of school here at FSA. I try to keep it updated as often as possible, and talk about ground school, flying, and adventures in the area.

So if you're interested, you can read all about it here: www.blizzue.com

Move along
smile.gif

Great BLOG

Great BLOG bLizZuE...i'm looking at attending FSA. I've found your blog to be very helpful and insightful!

BLOG away!
Rick

Tour both schools. Be sure to ask the students questions.

Some questions to ask when you tour Mazzie:

Ask about their MX program.
What do the A/C have in the panel for avionics (HSI, RMI, Dual Garmin Moving Map GPS)?
Do they offer upset attitude recovery training?
Do they complete their instrument rating in a complex twin?
Do they offer spatial disorientation training in the GAT II?
Do they have PCATD's free of charge for instrument training practice?
Do they offer any internships at nation wide SIM centers where you can build a relationship with a corporation and get hired?
Do they have any level D SIMS like an ERJ-145 or a SAAB 2000 with glass that you can complete a transition course in?
Do they give you a free 1/2 hour intro to glass in a level D after your instrument check ride?
Do they have any advanced airline training programs for you when you complete CIME?
Do they have over 120 highly maintained A/C?
Are the A/C on a 50 hour progressive maintanance program?
Can you stop by the ground school instructors office 4 hours out of the 8 hour work day and get as much free ground time as you need to understand things from ground school?
Do they have a library with hundreds of aviation books at your disposal?
How much multi time do the instructors get over approx. 800 hours?
Do they have on campus dorms?
Do the have a pool and game room on campus for fun and relaxation?
Are the Chief pilot, Assistant Chief Pilot, Center Director, Director of stands, and Director of academics all from either military or major airline flight back grounds?
Does their school run like a well oiled machine without excessive progress check failures to bring more money into the school?
What is their pass rate with the FAA?
What is their pass rate in ground school?
Do they have a pilot shop on campus for you to blow your money on?
Do they have a restaurant on campus with decent cheap food?
Do they have shiz nizzel pilot shirt uniforms with polyester pants (loved the pants)?

Just a few things I asked Flight Safety when I was touring schools. They answered yes to all and gave a whole lot more.

A little more for FSA, but you get a whole lot more with the benefit of a reputation that is backed by one of the best names in the industry.

I took a look at the Mazzie website. OK... but not impressed. The Seminole they use for training is ancient.

Good luck and take your time with your decision. When you make it, enjoy the training. It is the best part of the career.

ILS

Yeah. 250 hour pilots shouldn't be in the right seat of a jet. Also, ASA got bought out by Skywest. Did you know that? They probably don't mention it in their marketing. Anyhow, it remains to be seen how the buyout will effect ASA. I don't believe it's effected their hiring and movement yet, time well tell.

KBLOOMFIELD said:
Hi,

Anyone Have Any Thoughts On Fsi's Direct Track
Program With Asa?

Thanks!

hehe it's kinda funny...FSA has been after skywest for a loooongggg time for the direct track B.S. SkyWest keeps on sayin no...but FSA still wines and dines the folks from skywest on a yearly basis.........if that's any indication, the thing with ASA will be done too........besides who the hell wants to pay 25 large to work for a regional...of which the choices are: 1. ASA---swim for a while in a pool until they figure out what's going to happen with their future.. 2. ExpressJet --- who knows what's going to happen with continental now.. 3. Eagle --- Sure. Being an FO for 15 years is cool... 4. TransStates (i'm pretty sure it's go schmucks).. TSA is a bad enough place as it is..I'm pretty sure the direct track is for go schmucks....give yourself a good reputation early by selling out.....

Get some self respect and work for where you want to go in life...

/rant over

What exactly is there to do in Vero for fun?? I mean flight school can be demanding and you definately need some off time...

Also can someone elaborate on this business jet program offered? Do these guys get time, or the opportunity to excel to the jet??? Or is it just a job instructing simulated flight??

ak25iou said:
What exactly is there to do in Vero for fun?? I mean flight school can be demanding and you definately need some off time...

Also can someone elaborate on this business jet program offered? Do these guys get time, or the opportunity to excel to the jet??? Or is it just a job instructing simulated flight??

1st question....if you're a surfer or a water baby, the beaches are for you.......if you're like me.......The Patio, Kelleys, Riverside, Bobby's and Captain Hirams are the decompression areas.......

as far as the internship, you'll get sim time.....basically you go through groundschool for a certain aircraft, and learn how to fly it, then sit as non-flying pilot for customers....you're really not instructing anybody in anything.....you do get connections, and those connections can get you a job flying the real thing...

would you say that this route is beneficial? I am considering doin my CFI in vero and am just considering the best "route" to take?

Back