Hot day in Seattle

Just tell them they’re trying to ground the first female Blue Angel pilot, watch their brains explode

haha this reminds me of some dude on a local FB group I'm on, who made the cringey and tired (and notably, irrelevant) comment in post about her of "it takes a college degree to break it, and a high school diploma to fix it". I gently reminded him that she was prior enlisted, and worked in an aviation MX rate in F/A-18's (Avionics Technician, arguably one of the busiest "fix it" rates out there in this community).

haha this reminds me of some dude on a local FB group I'm on, who made the cringey and tired (and notably, irrelevant) comment in post about her of "it takes a college degree to break it, and a high school diploma to fix it". I gently reminded him that she was prior enlisted, and worked in an aviation MX rate in F/A-18's (Avionics Technician, arguably one of the busiest "fix it" rates out there in this community).
See, that’s the kind of stuff that should be front and centre of “if you work your ass off, this is what you can accomplish” vs the influencer route.

WA smoke has been worse the last couple years because they don’t allow for managed forest.

Comes straight from a friend who’s a park ranger at Mt Rainier.

The smoke season...haha. Last year there was this big fire near Skykomish in rugged terrain. The powers that be decided to let it burn until winter as it was not threatening structures and super expensive, possibly impossible, to fight. This year a similar fire in North Cascades. I hear they are saying let it burn. Gonna be a smoky fall in Seattle. Leave the Navy out of it.

Back