Hired... at age 18!

Shemsey

Hello all, just wanted to let you all know that yesterday i was hired as a CFI at the flight school I've been working as dispatch as for the last 2 years. I am part time, building my hours now while i'm a full time student in university! it's a great feeling, and i loved flying so much I had to get started early! 3 years after starting to learn to fly at age 15, I now have my Commercial, Multi-IFR, Seaplane and instructor rating! For those of you who are wondering how i paid for it, well i worked basically full time while going to highschool, it was tough! Sleep became minimal, and I was still able to graduate highschool with the highest average, it wasn't easy, but nothing comes easy, for those of you who are still training, when things are getting tough, don't give up, because only you can aid in the making things get better! I use to envy every commercial pilot, and that was my motivation! Thanks for everyone's support, this sight has helped along the way a great deal!

P.S. The question to you all is, would any of you actually trust an 18 year person as your flight instructor? lol.....

Shemsey

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. The question to you all is, would any of you actually trust an 18 year person as your flight instructor? lol.....

[/ QUOTE ]

All other things being equal? YES!! A resounding yes, without a doubt.

However, I might make you blush in the airplane if I have a bad landing!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Way to go Shemsey!
Keep plugging away.
In regards to your question: I believe the key will be the first impression you give to prospective students. Some people may have a problem with your age but you can overcome that with professionalism and confidence in the knowledge that you can provide.

[ QUOTE ]
The question to you all is, would any of you actually trust an 18 year person as your flight instructor? lol.....
Shemsey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. WTG

[ QUOTE ]

Shemsey

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!!!

Yes I would trust you - When I did my tailwheel endorsement my instructor was 19 years old.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I would trust you - When I did my tailwheel endorsement my instructor was 19 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

And she was cute too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And she was cute too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And she still is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spin2.gif

Back