Has anyone heard of air azul?

My dad lives just outside of Somerset and was asking me about them. As far as I know they've just been doing roundtrips from KSME to KBNA. Their website is new since I last saw it. Its going to be interesting to see how this company pans out.

Somerset is right beside me! They are not doing all that well in my opinion. They have trips between KSME and KBNA about 4 times a week I think. Yes, they fly the metroliner 111. Heard it was in need of a little TLC. Also heard today that they were having to quit paying the pilots, FA's, etc. Its a government subsidized deal, as soon as they lose that money, its gone. Just my .02

I think it is connected to Virgin America. They (Air Azul) are starting service from RFD to BWI and EWR in June, they are selling tickets from some city in Florida (Clearwater I think) that is operated on a Redwood A320.

a brazilian guy i fly with mentioned them once. he also mentioned they are planning on expanding and perhaps hiring (all hangar talk of course. just sharing what ive heard.)

I thought Air Azul was that airline that Jetblue's ex chairman started in Brazil?

I think the one spawned from Jetblue is just called Azul.

ChasenSFO is correct. The airline "Azul" is the one that our former CEO, David Neeleman, started after he left JetBlue. They are based in Brazil. I don't think "Air Azul" has anything to do with them. Neither of them has any relationship with JB.

I think it is connected to Virgin America. They (Air Azul) are starting service from RFD to BWI and EWR in June, they are selling tickets from some city in Florida (Clearwater I think) that is operated on a Redwood A320.

VA has been leasing out their aircraft. There is a new airline out of ABE that is using some VA A320s.

Back