Envoy Air - American's LARGEST Regional Carrier

Just looked it up, it’s 40k lbs so any airliner should be good to go. I knew we couldn’t do it any of the Lear sims because of the weight limit.

Interesting. That's at ATP-CTP requirement. "Back in the day", for a non AQP upgrade program, you'd just get an ATP checkride along with your upgrade type ride. It did mean that unlike the type ride/PC, where you could fail and repeat up to 3 single items with "retraining", you couldn't fail any items in the ATP, so it made the type ride a single jeopardy event.

There are three trim levels for Envoy:
  • SLE - $28,525
  • SLT - $32,660
  • Denali - $36,880
1716173878300.png

Yeah but slavery ended in the US in 1865. But apparently made its return in 2023/2024.
Oh you’re not wrong. No one mentioned that topic so I kept my mouth shut, but since you said it.

Don’t got there. At least for the time being. 13 years in various positions there, that place is not what it use to be. I feel extremely bad for anyone that has gotten hired there in the past year. They are continuously finding ways to screw over pilots career progression.

There’s the Republic contract than there is OO.

Oh you’re not wrong. No one mentioned that topic so I kept my mouth shut, but since you said it.

Don’t got there. At least for the time being. 13 years in various positions there, that place is not what it use to be. I feel extremely bad for anyone that has gotten hired there in the past year. They are continuously finding ways to screw over pilots career progression.

There’s the Republic contract than there is OO.
Agreed, but first it was Republic and now SKYW. My worry is that this will now be the new normal now across the regionalsphere, so one won't be able to escape this type of punitive contract.
Are you saying the Republic contract is better than Skywest’s?
IMO, it really doesn't matter as they're both 5 yr. "slave ships."

Last edited:
Agreed, but first it was Republic and now SKYW. My worry is that this will now be the new normal now across the regionalsphere, so one won't be able to escape this type of punitive contract.

IMO, it really doesn't matter as they're both 5 yr. "slave ships."
True, but I can tell you Republic’s work rules put Skywest’s to shame.

True, but I can tell you Republic’s work rules put Skywest’s to shame.
I'm not familiar, so I'll take your word. The problem is that both of them are aligned with all of the legacies, including AS for Skywest. So if you go to either of them you be there for 5 yrs. with both companies contracts and or metered. You're not getting off the plantation.

I'm not familiar, so I'll take your word. The problem is that both of them are aligned with all of the legacies, including AS for Skywest. So if you go to either of them you be there for 5 yrs. with both companies contracts and or metered. You're not getting off the plantation.
Republic’s is actually 5 years or 2 years as a captain. So if you upgrade at the earliest opportunity, you can be out of there in way less than 5 years.

I got mine in the PC12 sim.
One of the joys of a small 135 shop was “well since you have an ATP we’ll stuff you through SimCom recurrent instead of initial and figure the rest out later” lol. Made the 293 and 297 checks in the airplane with the FSDO POI really exciting running a worn out /45 or BE9L. I don’t miss those days

Back