Fun weather at ORD

WindyCityPilot

I can't see the ground from the 6th floor of my office building right now.

[FONT=Monospace,Courier]KORD 232026Z 27035G50KT 1/2SM R14R/1600VP6000FT +TSRA BKN036CB BKN055 BKN100 OVC200 24/20 A2993 RMK AO2 PK WND 28050/2026 TSB18RAB17 PRESRR CONS LTGICCCCG ALQDS TS ALQDS MOV E P0006[/FONT]

And the ORD ground stop comment says:

ORD ATCT DECLARED ATC ALERT DUE TO STAFFING/POSSIBLE
EVACUATION TRIGGER.

From the Trib. "Due to the tornado warnings and high winds, the air traffic control tower at O'Hare International Airport as well as the radar facility in Elgin have been evacuated. As a result, all airplanes in and out of O'Hare and Midway Airports were grounded." Ain't no one going nowhere.

From the Trib. "Due to the tornado warnings and high winds, the air traffic control tower at O'Hare International Airport as well as the radar facility in Elgin have been evacuated. As a result, all airplanes in and out of O'Hare and Midway Airports were grounded." Ain't no one going nowhere.

Oh come on. Nothing a few position reports can't fix.

O'Hare traffic, United 958 heavy taxiing from C concourse to runway 32L at T10 for a right turnout, O'Hare traffic.

Oh come on. Nothing a few position reports can't fix.

O'Hare traffic, United 958 heavy taxiing from C concourse to runway 32L at T10 for a right turnout, O'Hare traffic.

You forgot "any traffic please advise." :)

On the near north side in Lincoln Park there are numerous trees down here. It took 1.5 hours to get from the loop home due to impassable streets. My bathroom window has been busted out.

Im not surprised they decided to evacuated ORD and MDW towers - the NWS remarked that this storm was rotating and was producing 40+ kts of shear as it approached the area - enough to trigger a tornado warning. One of my buddies at Clow in Bollingbrook spotted a tornado on the ground producing damage.

This was one heck of a storm for August.

On the near north side in Lincoln Park there are numerous trees down here. It took 1.5 hours to get from the loop home due to impassable streets. My bathroom window has been busted out.

Im not surprised they decided to evacuated ORD and MDW towers - the NWS remarked that this storm was rotating and was producing 40+ kts of shear as it approached the area - enough to trigger a tornado warning. One of my buddies at Clow in Bollingbrook spotted a tornado on the ground producing damage.

This was one heck of a storm for August.

That storm looked pretty vicious on doppler! Hope my friends, and everyone else, in the Chicago area are ok!

'twas a fun night getting out of DEN too. I will post an interesting Flightaware path a little later. Time for bed now!

Man... glad my Midway trip was Wednesday, not Thursday.... I can hear the tower now...

"Winds are 360 @30, 180 @ 30, 360 @30, 180 @ 30, 360 @30, 180 @ 30.....................".

Back