Xjet Denver incident

Its a beech. What about the platypus?

Those brilliant Swisserland...er Swiss people put two GIANT red levers right behind the pedestal so that when the idiot pilot crashed the airplane and was DRT, the poor suckers in back could pull them and the suck (and the bang, and the blow) stopped. Easy Peasey.

WHERE? As God is my Witness, I can't remember. Jesus, I'm getting senile. That tears it, I need to go to a Legacy.

The T-Handles to the right and left of the annunciators. Pull them out and an electronic fuel cutoff valve will shut off fuel. They would be the wonderful T-handles that light up on a rainy day or when the sun shines just right.

C models seem fairly reliable.

Says the Kingair driver. Whistling past the graveyard, you are. Now, if you were in an MU-2 (or a Metro or a Commander), you could talk about feeling safe in a ludicrously overbuilt fuselage with two bulletproof TPE-331s doing the work for you. But you're reduced to how it "seems". As, to be fair, am I. And I've only got ONE of your backwards-facing pseudo-engines. Remind me to pay my life insurance up.

Say what you will, but as the mu-2 goes the way of the dodo, and those pt-6s are used more and more on anything... the numbers stand. I would love some mootoo action, but the appropriate choice of the company is what pays the bill and for that, I am grateful.

No argument on the employment front, my friend. But as to MU-2s going the way of the dodo, well. So did Beta, in favor of VHS, which I think we can all agree was a Mistake Of Grand Proportions.

i was told that the MU-2 had two motors was that when one motor quit the other one got you to the crash site faster.

Crucify the controller? No. Identify a problem and fix it. Perhaps there should be new procedures implemented in the handling of emergencies in the terminal area. I don't know exactly what procedures are in place for emergency calls such as this for ATC but they may need to be revised.

When pilots see a red annuncuator flashing at us we don't assume a sensor shorted out. We assume the worst and act. Set the same type of system up for controllers when possible and it could save lives.

There isn't any specific reply I am looking for. I have learned a lot from threads where situations happen and talking about different aspects of an event has been able to expand my knowledge.

Standards set say "Mayday, Mayday, Mayday" gets the point across. I can't speak to the ability or criticize the pilots' actions in this scenario because I am sure they were dealing with far more than I will ever have to or want to, but to act like it was the controller who screwed it all up is being foolish. The only time they said "Acey" was in the initial transmission which was hectic and hurried, understandably. The controller acknowledges the call but asked "who was that?" and gets a partial callsign (minus "Acey")that is misunderstood (worst possible time for it but standardized callsigns are the rule for a reason)

Can't say I fault the pilot as he was probably at max stress mode but nor can you blame the Controller who misheard a technically incorrectly stated callsign. Absent clarification from a busy aircrew the controller took speculation and let it run wild.

Someone asked if the tower was hotmic'd , my guess is he was talking to the person working the TRACON monitor position, who monitors and has override capability on local freqs usually, if he heard the transmssion and that was why the "BS" comment was recorded.

Back