For those that can't WAIT for OKC

scongdon

I just pulled this off of Weather.com. Today is February 10. The good stuff hasn't even started yet.

Enjoy, guys!

okcweather.jpg

Nothing new...I've lived here my whole life and this happens every year
I actually got some golf in this morning.

Yeah, I'm from Kansas City, so I'm used to the whammy too. This is for the girly East-coasters :)

Agreed. I was like... and...? :) I'm from Kansas City too.

Just wait till Spring when we start getting supercells. Welcome to tornado alley.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

East coaster, never seen a tornado. They look terrifying! What do you do if you're in class and one of those warnings comes up?

lol...east-coaster here. never seen a tornado either. im Basics today and the tornado sirens start goin off outside. it was kinda crazy for me. the tornado ended up touching down west of us so we didnt have to go downstairs to the shelter. haha. they said there might be hail the size of golf balls tonight...thats CRAZY!

Oh crap, what do you do with your cars in the hail?

Should I get an apartment with covered parking?

I have a 2007 car that is in good shape other than that the roof is a little dented from a big tree branch that fell on it.

I have a 2007 car that is in good shape other than that the roof is a little dented from a big tree branch that fell on it.
get comprehensive insurance

wait until spring time shows up, then it will get really interesting out there. Keep in mind this is only February tornado season starts usually end of march through may

It totally SUCKED for me! I have had 1 tornado in my life...when it hit SLC and that was a FREAK thing. Never had a WARNING! My poor 3 year old was running around yelling, "A Tormado is coming a Tormmmmmmado!" (her cartoons were interrupted by the weather guy warning of the tornado). I stayed calm on exterior for her but was SCARED to death.

It totally SUCKED for me! I have had 1 tornado in my life...when it hit SLC and that was a FREAK thing. Never had a WARNING! My poor 3 year old was running around yelling, "A Tormado is coming a Tormmmmmmado!" (her cartoons were interrupted by the weather guy warning of the tornado). I stayed calm on exterior for her but was SCARED to death.

Yikes! Haha tormadoes. My little sister was scared for funderforms.

I like how you worded that post. Reminds me of a comic book or something. Capslock key words to make a point. :D

g-ddamn_batman.jpg

Eh, I grew up in OKC. The tornadoes are no biggie. You learn to live with them just like the people in So Cal deal with the tremors.

The best part is watching the "non-natives" get all worked up about it ;)

haha...my instructor told us that in class...a few guys from my class live almost across the street from it. i hope their apartments are still there..
Actually, there's an apartment complex there that lost a wall and some of the roof. Cars were blown out of their spots and horribly dented. Hope it's none of them! It's all on channel 3.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

East coaster, never seen a tornado. They look terrifying! What do you do if you're in class and one of those warnings comes up?

You ask your instructor to speed up his speed of pace to get through the section so you can go smoke and watch the clouds... or just ask for a 20 minute break because you head is full, and go outside for a smoke and watch the clouds.

Wait until it heats up in the summer, those dents will come right out.

Unless you live along one of these red stripes, I wouldn't worry about it too much...

paths.jpg

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

I remember we had one durring finals once in college. I had some friends taking theirs at the time and the instructors told most of them to sit down..the rest took theirs in the fallout shelter.

Me and some others were out of class at the time....we just sat on the covered patio and watch the weather go by...just another spring day in central MO.

Back