EAA Airventure 2023

My favorite was the 300 people lined up to walk through a SWA 737. Uhhhhhh…why? :bounce:
Because Delta was doing interviews at the bottom of the steps…

IMG_5573.jpeg

This is the first year I've seen the mainline carriers even show up to recruit pilots. The regionals have always been here, but the sky gods never had to sully themselves by associating with little airplanes.

I doubt they even need to now. They're probably recruiting for their regional partners or for programs like United's "Aviate" program.

This is the first year I've seen the mainline carriers even show up to recruit pilots. The regionals have always been here, but the sky gods never had to sully themselves by associating with little airplanes.

This was the first time I’ve seen majors there with recruiters and their own oasis style tents instead of just booths. The Delta tent was full of college freshman asking recruiters questions along the lines of “I’m currently majoring in aeronautics with minor in UAV technology, but switching my minor to the major, will that hurt my changes of getting an interview with you?”

A positive takeaway from this year was getting the show special from King Schools on their FIRC for $63, which is practically free in aviation.

Something I didn’t see afterwards, and haven’t noticed for a couple years is usually some form of recognition for the most popular airplane as determined by the worn grass around it or for being “viral” on social media. Same for the one week wonder built during the show, usually a simple LSA like a Zenith or Sonex. Maybe it was there and I missed it somehow.

I don’t believe United had any presence.
Yeah, I didn't see them anywhere. AA, Delta, & SWA had their own tents and I saw most of the regionals in the two recruiting buildings.

Of course that may or may not mean anything, the show is so big I could have missed a space shuttle landing.

Back