Charlotte

JordanD

Chinese Food Enthusiast
Does anyone know of much to do down in Charlotte? I've been down there a fair amount in the past month and have gotten the impression there isn't a whole lot going on down there, but I don't want to be missing out on something just because I haven't looked hard enough. Any really good restaurants or anything down there to try? I know the area around the airport is pretty barren. I've only made it downtown once and it seemed kind of meh, just the usual medium sized Southern downtown area without anything really unique happening.

Does anyone know of much to do down in Charlotte? I know the area around the airport is pretty barren. I've only made it downtown once...
LOL....Nobody goes ANYWHERE near the airport and downtown is only for the DINKS/Transplants. Downtown: Bars/clubs, NFL/NBA, Theater, Conventions, Museums, etc.
Dining:pineville/Matthews, Southpark, Northlake, Concord Mills, etc...

It's a well known fact that Pilots and Strip Clubs are often talked about in the same sentence. There is a strip club not far from the CLT airport called The Paper Doll Lounge. It's on Wilkinson Blvd. You'll have to go see it for yourself because I'm not saying nothing else about it.

Joe

It's a well known fact that Pilots and Strip Clubs are often talked about in the same sentence. There is a strip club not far from the CLT airport called The Paper Doll Lounge. It's on Wilkinson Blvd. You'll have to go see it for yourself because I'm not saying nothing else about it.

Joe

I had quite a time there. None of which ill repeat on a forum.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Are you there for training Jordan? Last time I was there we took the light rail downtown to the EpiCenter, kind of cool to walk around at.

Joe
Dunno if I could convince the girl that it'd make for a nice night out on the town. ;)

Motoboy said:
Are you there for training Jordan? Last time I was there we took the light rail downtown to the EpiCenter, kind of cool to walk around at.
Nope, down there seeing the girl but she hasn't really found much down there yet either. We did find a pretty decent pizza place in Elizabeth. It's slightly hipstery but the food was pretty good.

Check out the Plaza/Midwood area off Central Ave. Its just south east of downtown a few miles. There are a bunch of great bars, places to eat, a badass record store. Often times bands are playing at a number of places around there.

We went down there last week but there wasn't a whole lot going on since it was a Saturday afternoon. I didn't think it was all that special though. It's pretty much a carbon copy of 4th St Live down in Louisville. Usually most of those types of places are put together by the same development companies. It's really kind of disappointing when the best thing a downtown area has going for it is something that basically equates to a mall with alcohol.

bretthullrampage said:
Check out the Plaza/Midwood area off Central Ave. Its just south east of downtown a few miles. There are a bunch of great bars, places to eat, a badass record store. Often times bands are playing at a number of places around there.​
I'll let you know next time I'm down there. Maybe we could get a meet n greet together on one of the days I'll have some time to kill.

Maybe it would help if you would just say what kind of things you are looking for, and we can tell you where to find it.

Back