Cfi checkride passed!! And a yob!!!

Old Dominion Flyer

After earning two letters of discontinuance I passed my CFI checkride today! I fly out of Leesburg, Va and did the ride through the Washington FSDO. Apparently the CFI checkride is now a two day affair. I scheduled it back in the beginning of December and the soonest they could fit me in was January 13th and 14th. I went to the FSDO for the oral and it wasn't stressful but it was thorough. When I returned to the airport after the oral I learned the aircraft needed for the next day was down for maintenance. I rescheduled for a week later(LoD #1). This time the inspector actually makes it to the airport before we determine the aircraft is unairworthy. One of the lines in the maintenance logs read "all FAA AD's have been complied with". The inspector made a call to the maintenance inspector at the FSDO and determined the specific AD needed to be listed(LoD #2). I was embarassed by the error but it was a good learning experience nonetheless. The inspector then informed me that if I earned a third LoD, I would be the first to do so at his office and they'd name a conference room after me. Well, everything went according to plan today and I passed the checkride. I then spoke with my instructor(also the Chief Instructor) and he agreed to hire me on. Stay tuned to Checkride Central for details on manuevers and topics covered during the checkride.

After earning two letters of discontinuance I passed my CFI checkride today! I fly out of Leesburg, Va and did the ride through the Washington FSDO. Apparently the CFI checkride is now a two day affair. I scheduled it back in the beginning of December and the soonest they could fit me in was January 13th and 14th. I went to the FSDO for the oral and it wasn't stressful but it was thorough. When I returned to the airport after the oral I learned the aircraft needed for the next day was down for maintenance. I rescheduled for a week later(LoD #1). This time the inspector actually makes it to the airport before we determine the aircraft is unairworthy. One of the lines in the maintenance logs read "all FAA AD's have been complied with". The inspector made a call to the maintenance inspector at the FSDO and determined the specific AD needed to be listed(LoD #2). I was embarassed by the error but it was a good learning experience nonetheless. The inspector then informed me that if I earned a third LoD, I would be the first to do so at his office and they'd name a conference room after me. Well, everything went according to plan today and I passed the checkride. I then spoke with my instructor(also the Chief Instructor) and he agreed to hire me on. Stay tuned to Checkride Central for details on manuevers and topics covered during the checkride.

Congratulations!:nana2: Sound like it was an interesting time!

Congrats! Don't forget to take your rake with you to work...for all that money you're about to make!

J/K

Hopefully I'll be landing one of those jobs in the next few months. Again, congrats!

Good luck starting your yob, there's a lot of people looking for one these days!

Mike.....Congrats! Im sure Ray had you well prepared. He taught me, and also became my boss. Hes a great guy and you will enjoy working with him out there. I may need some 172 currency next week if you wanna go flying. gotta get some left seat time in.

Sean

Back