Best Sim

meritflyer

If I wanted a PC sim to hook some throttles and yoke up to for practice approaches and messing around yet the sim offered some realistic practice, what would you all recommend?

If you're looking for eye candy and your computer can handle it, FSX is the way to go. On the other hand, I've always been told that the flight dynamics and physics of X-Plane are more realistic than FS. That said, I don't think a desktop sim could come close at all to helping you practice hand flying an airplane, so I'd go for the eye candy factor.

If you're looking for eye candy and your computer can handle it, FSX is the way to go. On the other hand, I've always been told that the flight dynamics and physics of X-Plane are more realistic than FS. That said, I don't think a desktop sim could come close at all to helping you practice hand flying an airplane, so I'd go for the eye candy factor.
:yeahthat:

I've used both. American Flyers actually uses X-plane in their FAA approved sims. It will actually allow you to spin, unlike anything MSFS. But the eyecandy of MSFS is way better than anything x-palne makes.

Sims are great tools when it comes to IFR procedures, and they can save you a lot of $$$! I use MSFS and I like it!

Sims are great tools when it comes to IFR procedures, and they can save you a lot of $$$! I use MSFS and I like it!
you can't beat microsoft fs2004, or fsx for some great IFR practice. You can't beat real flying any day, but a flight sim is a great way to practice just about anything you may need to brush up on. Dishin' out 30-50$$ for endless hours of practice is hard to beat. Avoid x-plane 9, the instruments are hard to see. The only thing impressive about the home version of x-plane 9 was the t.v. commercial. I paid $60 for that pos GAME and I want my money back!!!Xplane 9 is useless in my opinion.:banghead:

I have MSFS 2004. Dont wast the memory of your cpu on FSX. You can get all sorts of little free add-ons for the 04 version if your looking for the eye candy.

Then why are you asking what sim to use for practice approaches if you know it doesn't come close?

Right.

Since even PCTAD devices are somewhat sub par to sims, lets not use them for practice or to teach scans and procedures.

Since sims are sub par to planes, lets not use those either.

At the airlines and type schools, sims are used for type ratings and training.

Since sims obviously don't behave just like a jet, their value is also questionable.

You so smart!

Right.

Since even PCTAD devices are somewhat sub par to sims, lets not use them for practice or to teach scans and procedures.

Since sims are sub par to planes, lets not use those either.

At the airlines and type schools, sims are used for type ratings and training.

Since sims obviously don't behave just like a jet, their value is also questionable.

You so smart!

I would say they come pretty damn close..

At least these do...

n1010932374_30245290_6882.jpg

[yt]SKrFcbXq1ew[/yt]

Sorry, the volume is low, but you can hear it shaking as it accelerates down the runway...

At least these do...

i'm sure merit has spent more time in a level D motion sim than you have. Also, you missed the sarcasm in his post, go back to the one he was replying to.

At least these do...

Those level D sims still suck for hand flying and landing the airplane. Nothing, not even the multi million dollar airline sims come close to flying around the real plane.

i'm sure merit has spent more time in a level D motion sim than you have. Also, you missed the sarcasm in his post, go back to the one he was replying to.
That changes things a bit haha

AJ, you're retarded:D

Those level D sims still suck for hand flying and landing the airplane. Nothing, not even the multi million dollar airline sims come close to flying around the real plane.

I think merit is aware, he's got an SIC type in the same airplane you do.

Back