Ames, IA and surrounding area

Let me know how the aviation job market treats you up there. I grew up in Ames, left to go to college, join the Marines, etc. I'll be getting out in a couple years, and have thought about going back. I only wonder whether I can still handle the cold after so many years of living in the Sun Belt!

Well my wife is from Ames, I have only been up there three times, I will let ya know on the aviation market up there. I can tell you it looks slim lol. I hope for the best though. Having my A&P helps out.

Interviewing for a CFI gig at Exec 1? Hear it's a decent place to teach. I'll be home from my rotation and if you wana meet up for a beer just let me know!

Interviewing for a CFI gig at Exec 1? Hear it's a decent place to teach. I'll be home from my rotation and if you wana meet up for a beer just let me know!
You from the area? You flying in the service now? I was a crew chief on UH-60's while I was in the Army. Yes at Exec 1 Aviation, Not sure what to expect for a interview but I hope it works out! Yea for sure while I am up there and you have time would be cool to meet a local aviator for a beer. Don't want to take up any time from your visit while on leave.

I've never flown (as a pilot, anyway) in Iowa. Are there any decent flying gigs there now? I know CFI is always going to be there, but with all the building going on between Ames, Ankeny, and Des Moines, is there any serious corporate flying now?

I am not positive but I hope there is, I been watching flight aware and have seen alot of corporate traffice coming out of DSM, IKV some too.

I'm a little late to the party but I was offered a job by Tim Busch at http://iowaflighttraining.com I ended up accepting another position elsewhere, but Tim seemed like a good guy. The company is out of Cedar Rapids, but they operate FBO's around the central part of the state.

Back