2 pax, 1 crew injured in Delta flight security incident.

Does anyone have any idea why they left the flaps down after arriving at the gate. Does it have anything to do with landing overweight requiring an inspection?

I can remember way back when, after a certain situation was disclosed, taxiing in with the flaps down meant, "Situation desperate. Request armed intervention."

Goes to show how old I am.

They forgot about them in the flare as they were cancelling IFR. But in all seriousness perhaps they were concerned with getting this troubled individual off the aircraft and simply missed that checklist item.

Ah gotcha. I was curious. I thought maybe there was a more technical reason.

I can remember way back when, after a certain situation was disclosed, taxiing in with the flaps down meant, "Situation desperate. Request armed intervention."

Goes to show how old I am.

Yeah I thought about that too. That's pretty old school, and I thought was used if you were unable to communicate clearly on the radio. Anyways was just curious.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought about that too. That's pretty old school, and I thought was used if you were unable to communicate clearly on the radio. Anyways was just curious.

Heck, I'm old enough to remember when that certain situation was indicated by squawking 3100. But, then, when I came into this business, the ATC services manual was the FAA 7110.18D!

Heck, I'm old enough to remember when that certain situation was indicated by squawking 3100. But, then, when I came into this business, the ATC services manual was the FAA 7110.18D!

Squawk 1400 above 12,500....

Wasn't that old school VFR squawks? I may be getting the altitude wrong, but I seem to remember vaguely this. I could be wrong though.

My early career I was strictly tower, so you may be correct. However, I would think 14,500 makes more sense here in the U.S. I just did a search of "VFR code 1400" and found this:

1400: VFR flight above 12,500'ASL when no other code has been assigned (Canada)

Back