Aerial Mapping - Beginning of Season Discussion

Got an email today from Peter at Air America with the invitation.

Said he emailed me a few days ago but I never had anything show up in my inbox.

AA JC crew here we go!

Congrats and good luck... When you guys figure out what day you're going feel free to PM me (I'll do the same), it'd be nice to meet up with a JCer.

Just curious how the interview(s) went?

Went really well! Seemed like a good group of guys and company to work for/with. Overall it was pretty casual, much like the phone interview. Hopefully the weather will pan out so the rest can get down there and interview and we can see what the results are!

Hopefully the weather will pan out so the rest can get down there and interview and we can see what the results are!

Hurricane season this year seem real lively. I went through one last month and every day another pops up on the threat board. Floridians really get credit from me for putting up with this year after year.

Went really well! Seemed like a good group of guys and company to work for/with. Overall it was pretty casual, much like the phone interview. Hopefully the weather will pan out so the rest can get down there and interview and we can see what the results are!

:yeahthat:

I came away a lot more interested than I was going in, hope those Thursday guys are getting in there today still...

anyone hear back from air america with an offer/denial and/or know if the last interviewees ever made it down there?

waiting around sucks!

anyone hear back from air america with an offer/denial and/or know if the last interviewees ever made it down there?

waiting around sucks!

Well I am glad to know I am not the only one since there has been no word on this end either. I have had a couple of questions answered since but nothing final yet still. Stinking hurricanes! They have said they are very busy with logistics lately, hanger space and what not I guess.

Well I am glad to know I am not the only one since there has been no word on this end either. I have had a couple of questions answered since but nothing final yet still. Stinking hurricanes! They have said they are very busy with logistics lately, hanger space and what not I guess.

yeah when i left last tuesday they told us that they may be preoccupied with moving aircraft around/hangaring to avoid hurricane stuff going on. fortunately it looks like they avoided the hurricanes... just hoping to hear some final decisions soon.

Still waiting here also, what day were you scheduled to go? That could answer our question of whether or not the one group had to be rescheduled for the hurricane or not. And the last group would have been scheduled to go home today so... that would mean a decision should be coming in the near future... hopefully.

Anyway, good luck guys... here's to hoping for a Jetcareers - Air America crew, cue the banana man!:nana2:

yep good luck to all, and here's to hoping the phone starts ringin in the morning! (with good news of course!)

:nana2:

well! the phone did ring this morning! everyone keep your phone handy and good luck!

Congratulations buddy, it was nice meeting you, but I got the big denial email this morning. Have fun, I guess they'll keep me on file in case anybody drops out early so maybe I'll see ya again sometime. Good thing I had a backup I guess.

Take some cool pictures and keep me posted on how things are!

Congratulations buddy, it was nice meeting you, but I got the big denial email this morning. Have fun, I guess they'll keep me on file in case anybody drops out early so maybe I'll see ya again sometime. Good thing I had a backup I guess.

Hey man sorry to hear that, but yeah, backup plans are always good. and like they said, some people may cut out early, so ya never know.

Best of luck to you with the other gig! I'll probably start a blog for my new nomadic lifestyle....

Hey man, I'm in the same boat, although I got my rejection email after the phone interview.

No offense to our friend Tex here, but I do find it odd they rejected two guys with 550 or so and hired him.

Tex, I wish you the best of luck, because apparently you have some!

Hey man, I'm in the same boat, although I got my rejection email after the phone interview.

No offense to our friend Tex here, but I do find it odd they rejected two guys with 550 or so and hired him.

Tex, I wish you the best of luck, because apparently you have some!
Meh, hours don't matter as much once you're given the interview. What matters more is how one can present and sell oneself in an interview. I don't think the number of hours are much of a factor at that point. If you're offered an interview, it means they are willing to hire you provided you can do well during the interview....just my opinion.

Meh, hours don't matter as much once you're given the interview. What matters more is how one can present and sell oneself in an interview. I don't think the number of hours are much of a factor at that point. If you're offered an interview, it means they are willing to hire you provided you can do well during the interview....just my opinion.
I'd like to think I interview well. I'm probably a little older candidate as far as their concerned and I've already lived on the road for about three years, so I know what the whole hotel lifestyle entails. Like I said, no knock on anyone, I just found it a little odd. Actually what was really odd was that in my rejection email they specifically said that they wanted to hire someone with "more experience." Oh well, I'm over it. No worries.

In any event, I hope I interview well as I have one coming up next week!

I'd like to think I interview well. I'm probably a little older candidate as far as their concerned and I've already lived on the road for about three years, so I know what the whole hotel lifestyle entails. Like I said, no knock on anyone, I just found it a little odd. Actually what was really odd was that in my rejection email they specifically said that they wanted to hire someone with "more experience." Oh well, I'm over it. No worries.

In any event, I hope I interview well as I have one coming up next week!

im sure its more like "hey look, a naiive young pilot who doesnt know what we're getting him in to!!" ;-)

at any rate, i do appreciate the wellwishes, and also best of luck to you at your next interview!

Back