A pilot has been indicted for allegedly threatening to shoot the captain if the flight was diverted

Is that a thing - those who were big shots in the armed forces having trouble taking commands in the right seat? Because I would totally believe it if you told me that was a thing.

My general aviation experience has been the opposite I should note. Every ex-military guy I ever gave a new member flying club orientation to was all ears and extremely humble.

Is that a thing - those who were big shots in the armed forces having trouble taking commands in the right seat? Because I would totally believe it if you told me that was a thing.

My general aviation experience has been the opposite I should note. Every ex-military guy I ever gave a new member flying club orientation to was all ears and extremely humble.
No, not at all. However, those who took the mighty stand by refusing the Covid shot and took a demotion or got booted… That’s a different story.

By the end of you and I flying together, you will select Flaps 2. Even if kicking and screaming. 😂
I loved calling for Flaps 2 in the 737 and getting reactions ranging anywhere from a raised eyebrow, to making sure I actually asked what I asked for to straight up squirming in the seat.

I loved calling for Flaps 2 in the 737 and getting reactions ranging anywhere from a raised eyebrow, to making sure I actually asked what I asked for to straight up squirming in the seat.

You’d have thought you committed a crime as felonious as ordering a Pepsi on a Delta flight, just for asking for flaps 2….

Why? Have you inquired as to why?

The answer will probably be “because we’ve always never used flaps 2”. 😂

They claim (falsely) that there’s no speed schedules for flaps 2. Selecting flaps 2 will show a 2 line on the airspeed indicator. I mean, it’s literally right there.

Still, it’s prohibited.

I’ve only had one FO call for flaps 2, and I said we can’t do that. He legit didn’t know we can’t do flaps 2. On the ground he asked where it was, so I showed him in the FH.

They claim (falsely) that there’s no speed schedules for flaps 2. Selecting flaps 2 will show a 2 line on the airspeed indicator. I mean, it’s literally right there.

Still, it’s prohibited.

I’ve only had one FO call for flaps 2, and I said we can’t do that. He legit didn’t know we can’t do flaps 2. On the ground he asked where it was, so I showed him in the FH.

That’s what I was wondering, because as you mention, the jet indeed recognizes flaps 2 in the avionics.

I mean, not using flaps 2 isn’t the end of the world or unsafe in any way. But if it’s “expressly prohibited”, yet no one at all in the company knows why, then that ought to raise some question of why is this prohibited?

Why? Have you inquired as to why?

The answer will probably be “because we’ve always never used flaps 2”. 😂

That is the training department's answer for a lot of stuff, unfortunately...

"Why don't we use flaps 2?"

"Because we don't"

"But why?"

"Because..."

Just be thankful you don't fly at a place that does things because that's how it's done on another fleet.

Been there done that. AS changed the bathroom procedure on the Airbus to match the 737. They actually changed several silly things to match 737 procedures.

That’s what I was wondering, because as you mention, the jet indeed recognizes flaps 2 in the avionics.

I mean, not using flaps 2 isn’t the end of the world or unsafe in any way. But if it’s “expressly prohibited”, yet no one at all in the company knows why, then that ought to raise some question of why is this prohibited?

IMG_9778.png

Probably because on the 200-300 back in the day they didnt do it. That’s the genesis of literally every goofy thing we do over here.

Alaska 737 people, when you open the crossfeed to balance the fuel, do you turn on the igniters also?

Back