A pilot has been indicted for allegedly threatening to shoot the captain if the flight was diverted

The last roller coaster I was on was with @skypilot6 . It was an old wooden coaster in Myrtle Beach on an overnight. There was ample room between the girt bar and me. One huge bump and my back was messed up for days. Still would do it again.

When your local nut job goes crazy at the grocery store stocking shelves or desk job it doesn’t make the news because no one cares. When a pilot does some weird •, expect a front page article and 7 of your non aviation friends and family to text you if you “KNOW THIS GUY???”
OK, a couple of points...

First. Yeah, after all the shenanigans in the greater aviation space in the last decade, I would have expected average spectators to have become more inured or oblivious to the status quo... as they OBVIOUSLY have in all the actual important areas of news-of-civilization that actually matter to them. I guess, "If it bleeds, it leads" still applies! Hooray! Go, Humanity!

Furthermore...

Yeah! Fer Sher! But that was not even close to my point, though. (See? I did that double up thing there.)

My point was, you should expect that, er, stuff in the first few hours (FaceTwat) or days (actual News), not a year or two later.

Guess you missed that part, eh?

Last edited:
So, the $64,000 question. What was the problem with diverting due to a medical emergency? Enough to have the FFDO FO threaten to kill the Captain over it?
Indeed. Yet, in actuality, it's more like the $64MM question. And, that's just the airframe. It's more like the $300MM-$700MM++ question if one considers the total potential liability produced by such a debacle.

As an aside:

Re: $64k question. That term is one of the few that we continue to use these days that does NOT come from naval history. $64K comes from a 1950s game show. How the hell is it that young un's know THOSE kinds of 1950s references, but seemingly NOTHING about other 1950s references like, say, the Korean War, or more profoundly, the COLD WAR or the Soviet Union??? Was there a modern movie about that game show?

Last edited:
OK, a couple of points...

First. Yeah, after all the shenanigans in the greater aviation space in the last decade, I would have expected average spectators to have become more inured or oblivious to the status quo... as they OBVIOUSLY have in all the actual important areas of news-of-civilization that actually matter to them. I guess, "If it bleeds, it leads" still applies! Hooray! Go, Humanity!

Furthermore...

Yeah! Fer Sher! But that was not even close to my point, though. (See? I did that double up thing there.)

My point was, you should expect that, er, stuff in the first few hours (FaceTwat) or days (actual News), not a year or two later.

Guess you missed that part, eh?
“Siri please translate to English”

Defund FFDOs.

:)
How about more than a weeks training? Perhaps it can be more aligned with Flight Marshalls? I'm unsure if I'd want to do a full time undercover job flying around all day, every day as a passenger, but I've never heard of one of those people losing it and getting rowdy. I'm sure I'm wrong.

“Siri please translate to English”
SEE "IDIOCRACY", the movie.

Your reading comprehension skills have no bearing on my ability to write clear English sentences.

Act accordingly.

I'm not writing a kid's book here. Though, perhaps, I should be.

If I missed that I should be writing for the 2nd grade reading level, perhaps that's MY bad. Yet, even if I had done it that way, I'd just be contributing to the ongoing, accelerating demise of civilization.

So, as you types like to say, "Uh, Yeah. No."

How about more than a weeks training? Perhaps it can be more aligned with Flight Marshalls? I'm unsure if I'd want to do a full time undercover job flying around all day, every day as a passenger, but I've never heard of one of those people losing it and getting rowdy. I'm sure I'm wrong.
I honestly can’t tell if air marshals have the chillest, cushiest job ever or the most dreadful, boring jobs ever.

I shared a crashpad with a fam for a while and he did a bunch of f all.

Back