A pilot has been indicted for allegedly threatening to shoot the captain if the flight was diverted

If I recall you shared that experience with another FO who was married our former ALPA LRC.

I do not want to ever go to the "Big Brown Desk" ever again. It literally changed how I deal with moronic captains entirely.

FO: "I'm not the captain, the captain has ultimate authority"
FAA: "LOL. You got jokes. Don't confuse authority with responsibility."

"It all happened so fast! You can hear me on the CVR saying 'woah, let's slow down!'...and I *resent* the unproven and *baseless* allegation that this was in to my cellphone to my girlfriend, who, yes, *does* occasionally earn some extra money at the 'Cat's Meow Club', which is *no way* germane to this hearing..."

Hilarious BUT they probably wouldn't legally be able to query the CVR in a non-accident situation.

Hilarious BUT they probably wouldn't legally be able to query the CVR in a non-accident situation.

I'd bet they have all the data they'd need to hang a crew from the FDR and FOQA Dara channels. Which mostly became unprotected when they launched that Pulse (I think?) app.

Fully agree, which is why I warn my friends about the "ANONYMOUS" but not "anonymous surveys

Let me tell you about my trip to the "Big Brown Desk".

If you have a type rating, the FAA will literally ask:

"I see that you're a type-rated 767 first officer"

"Yessir"

"Was that an SIC type rating?"

"No sir"

"A PIC type rating?"

"Yes"

"So, as a PIC type rated first officer, you let your captain do (something moronic?)"

"Well, he's the captain but I said..."

"YOWER CAPTAIN QUALIFIED, SON, let me ask again..."

ALPA attorney in the room, ALPA representatives in the room, company chief pilot in the room, HR in the room, FAA in the room: "Answer the question"

:)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You guys too, huh?
Our's gets special with the EFVS approach. Where one might say continue twice, no call of stable anywhere, and possibly a advisory "E-Fess" lights call as well. When i started here we used to say "landing" and i thought that was super dumb, somehow we found something more pointless to say.

Let me tell you about my trip to the "Big Brown Desk".

If you have a type rating, the FAA will literally ask:

"I see that you're a type-rated 767 first officer"

"Yessir"

"Was that an SIC type rating?"

"No sir"

"A PIC type rating?"

"Yes"

"So, as a PIC type rated first officer, you let your captain do (something moronic?)"

"Well, he's the captain but I said..."

"YOWER CAPTAIN QUALIFIED, SON, let me ask again..."

ALPA attorney in the room, ALPA representatives in the room, company chief pilot in the room, HR in the room, FAA in the room: "Answer the question"

:)

"Hmmmm, now might be a good time for a break. Water anyone?"

Back