Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Delta Airlines Pilot!

If he's a senior 330CA he's banking at least 450k a year pre tax. If he's working his ass (you can totally say ass here!) it's probably closer to the 550k mark. What kind of living expenses are we talking about that you can't put away the extra cheese required to send your kid to med school in 5 years?

I’ll just say that a 2500sq ft 4 bdrm around where I live is going for 1.65 to 1.9+ million. 400k isn’t much to write home about in some parts of this country.

Let's do a challenge this week.

Attempt to have an exchange with me and actually not mention my employer. Do you think it's possible? Could you go a week?
I just noticed SJI has A350s and and my employer doesn’t. And those A350s have a frickin QWERTY keyboard. Why the hell do you guys have to always be flexing?! Lame.

I just noticed SJI has A350s and and my employer doesn’t. And those A350s have a frickin QWERTY keyboard. Why the hell do you guys have to always be flexing?! Lame.

QWERTY, yes, but the numeric keypad is all wonky so it screws up my touch-typing.

I get age 67 from every perspective except for pilots. Even my friends who finally go to 121 carriers in their 40s for the first time are all against it and do not want to fly until they're 67. Making that much more than the average American when flying for a legacy carrier, or even an LCC long term, it is kind of hard for me to wrap my head around enough pilots demanding they need to keep working another 2 years (beyond the 5-year extension they already got) for "financial reasons". And I'm saying this as a guy who is horrible with money and never has any for long lol. Is it really THAT big of a group of guys who have all that divorce\child support stuff to fund in their 60s or is it just a very vocal minuscule group? The age 55 retirement in ATC was very appealing to me. Waking up in Des Moines at 430AM at 66 years old for a 4-leg day? Eww.

Between the idle time in hotels, the ability to save\invest money, and possessing the drive to succeed that it took every pilot to get where they are, I think that any pilot who applies themselves can easily have a lucrative side hustle to help them retire at an age they find acceptable if they put their minds to it.
I don't get 67 at all especially for pilots (or others in highly technical positions). Cognition and response changes, something which (I think and have experienced) is both important and necessary when other lives are at stake.

Are there exceptions and differences between people? Of course. I just don't think personally this is a good idea.

I don't get 67 at all especially for pilots (or others in highly technical positions). Cognition and response changes, something which (I think and have experienced) is both important and necessary when other lives are at stake.

Are there exceptions and differences between people? Of course. I just don't think personally this is a good idea.
There are definitely exceptions! The problem is with a demographic as type A and self assured as pilots are I have a hard time excepting a pilot’s self assessment.

I have flown with a CA that actually believes if age 67 happens that ICAO would succumb to US pressure and allow him to fly international.

When you’re right, you’re right. 🤙
I loved their fried mushroom appetizer that came with a spicy horseradish sauce.

Last time I went (with friends), maybe ten years ago, I needed to use the restroom while they went to the car. I'll blame the Martinis with dinner, but I still have the cheesy picture I took off the wall hanging in my bedroom. We left the parking lot quickly and, yes, I was old enough to know better.

I loved their fried mushroom appetizer that came with a spicy horseradish sauce.

Last time I went (with friends), maybe ten years ago, I needed to use the restroom while they went to the car. I'll blame the Martinis with dinner, but I still have the cheesy picture I took off the wall hanging in my bedroom. We left the parking lot quickly and, yes, I was old enough to know better.

Not all heroes wear capes!

Not all heroes wear capes!
No clue what got into me, but here it hangs in all its glory. I haven't been back to the place since that long-ago evening. I imagine not many people have "art" from a restroom at Red Lobster hanging in their home, so there's that ...
IMG_2095.jpeg

Back