Men and breast cancer

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Kind of a wake up call.

One of my favorite captains, one that helped my develop my style, back from my "Hatless Miscreants from DTW Roundup" died of breast cancer recently.

It's not just for women, folks.

~ IN MEMORY ~
USAF veteran, DL Capt. Charles Wesley Simmons
August 6, 1948 ~ June 7, 2016
Notification with the passing of retired Delta pilot Captain Charles Wesley Simmons, age 67. Following his military service, Captain Simmons joined Delta Air Lines 04-16-1979. He is survived by his wife Kathryn.

To the best of my knowledge, personal condolences may be sent to the family at
11817 Windville Lane , Aledo TX 76008-3685 .... (817) 244-9345
Should we receive further updates we will be sure to update our memorial site at
http://pcnflightwest.blogspot.com/2016/06/dl-capt-charles-wesley-simmons.html
To view/sign the online guestbook please visit
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=Charles-Wesley-Simmons&pid=180298971
Thank you,
~ Carol for the PCN
Obituary..................Charles Wesley Simmons (1948 - 2016)
Charles Wesley Simmons, 67, passed away Tuesday, June 7, 2016, in Fort Worth after a long battle with breast cancer. Funeral: 11:30 a.m. Monday in Greenwood Chapel. Graveside: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in DFW National Cemetery. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Greenwood Funeral Home. Memorials: In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations to the John W. Nick Foundation, Inc. Chuck was born on Aug. 6, 1948, in Chattanooga, Tenn., to Wesley and Fritzi Gross Simmons. He attended East Ridge High School, graduating in 1966. In 1971 he earned a bachelor of science degree from the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Soon after graduation, Chuck joined the United States Air Force, where he served as a B-52 pilot in the 20th Bomb Squadron at Carswell Air Force Base. During this assignment, he met fellow airman Kathryn Love and they married on July 24, 1975. Chuck left the Air Force in 1979 after eight years of service. Several months later, he began a 25-year career flying for Delta Airlines, eventually retiring as a 757/767 captain in 2004. Chuck was preceded in death by his father in 1978. Survivors: Wife, Kathryn; daughters, Lainie Simmons of Fort Worth and Casey and her husband, Nathan Waters, of Kaiserslautern, Germany; mother, Fritzi Simmons of Chattanooga, Tenn.; brothers, Richard and his wife, Teresa, of Ringgold, Ga., Don of Atlanta, Ga.; and sister, Irene Roberson of Denver, Colo.
Funeral Home : GREENWOOD CHAPEL
3100 White Settlement Rd. Fort Worth, TX 76107 ... (817) 336-0584
.Published in Star-Telegram on June 12, 2016

Kind of a wake up call.

One of my favorite captains, one that helped my develop my style, back from my "Hatless Miscreants from DTW Roundup" died of breast cancer recently.

It's not just for women, folks.

~ IN MEMORY ~
USAF veteran, DL Capt. Charles Wesley Simmons
August 6, 1948 ~ June 7, 2016
Notification with the passing of retired Delta pilot Captain Charles Wesley Simmons, age 67. Following his military service, Captain Simmons joined Delta Air Lines 04-16-1979. He is survived by his wife Kathryn.

To the best of my knowledge, personal condolences may be sent to the family at
11817 Windville Lane , Aledo TX 76008-3685 .... (817) 244-9345
Should we receive further updates we will be sure to update our memorial site at
http://pcnflightwest.blogspot.com/2016/06/dl-capt-charles-wesley-simmons.html
To view/sign the online guestbook please visit
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dfw/obituary.aspx?n=Charles-Wesley-Simmons&pid=180298971
Thank you,
~ Carol for the PCN
Obituary..................Charles Wesley Simmons (1948 - 2016)
Charles Wesley Simmons, 67, passed away Tuesday, June 7, 2016, in Fort Worth after a long battle with breast cancer. Funeral: 11:30 a.m. Monday in Greenwood Chapel. Graveside: 10:30 a.m. Tuesday in DFW National Cemetery. Visitation: 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Greenwood Funeral Home. Memorials: In lieu of flowers, the family requests memorial donations to the John W. Nick Foundation, Inc. Chuck was born on Aug. 6, 1948, in Chattanooga, Tenn., to Wesley and Fritzi Gross Simmons. He attended East Ridge High School, graduating in 1966. In 1971 he earned a bachelor of science degree from the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Soon after graduation, Chuck joined the United States Air Force, where he served as a B-52 pilot in the 20th Bomb Squadron at Carswell Air Force Base. During this assignment, he met fellow airman Kathryn Love and they married on July 24, 1975. Chuck left the Air Force in 1979 after eight years of service. Several months later, he began a 25-year career flying for Delta Airlines, eventually retiring as a 757/767 captain in 2004. Chuck was preceded in death by his father in 1978. Survivors: Wife, Kathryn; daughters, Lainie Simmons of Fort Worth and Casey and her husband, Nathan Waters, of Kaiserslautern, Germany; mother, Fritzi Simmons of Chattanooga, Tenn.; brothers, Richard and his wife, Teresa, of Ringgold, Ga., Don of Atlanta, Ga.; and sister, Irene Roberson of Denver, Colo.
Funeral Home : GREENWOOD CHAPEL
3100 White Settlement Rd. Fort Worth, TX 76107 ... (817) 336-0584
.Published in Star-Telegram on June 12, 2016
While some what rare still, it is exceptionally fatal in men. Usually genetically driven, and detected late.

Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss.
Men also have small amount of breast tissue, so they can have breast cancer. But its rare.

Back