Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much Delta Airlines Pilot!

Seggy

A special shout out to the Delta Airlines Pilot, who had his Congressman brother, raise the retirement age to 67!

WOOOOHOOOOO

:sarcasm:

Some have argued that Nehls supports the change because his brother, a Delta pilot, is also a member of the group Raise the Pilot Age, which says on its website, “We are in favor of an increase in the mandatory pilot retirement age and disagree with the positions that our unions have taken.

DALPA is very openly against the change. The boomers are convulsing because, due to retirements, they are suddenly finding themselves in the minority for the first time in their entire lives. The crazy part is that it seems to be working, which is really quite disappointing.

The usual suspects on Facebook are now calling themselves minorities. They’re comparing themselves to LGBTQ and women’s rights, and claiming that if we have paid maternity leave then they deserve 67…

Makes you wonder if we should go back to age 60 after seeing how some of these guys act on a workplace related page.

Last edited:
Quick point of order - the article is dated June 15th. The initial version of the House bill passed the transportation commitee vote, but has faced skepticism and/or outright hostility in the Senate and from the White House.

For anyone unfamiliar with the process, the House bill would need to be negotiated agains the as-yet unwritten Senate bill, and then signed into law by the president, before it could take effect. Apparently fearing that Age 67 may be a non-starter, the House committee introduced an amendment to strike the language regarding retirement age if the current version of the bill faces vocal opposition in the future.

If you feel that lobbying against the retirement age change is a worthwhile cause, and if you have not already done so, a link to the ALPA campaign against the change can be found here. It has prompts and instructions for both members and non-members to join the effort.

The usual suspects on Facebook are now calling themselves minorities. They’re comparing themselves to LGBTQ and women’s rights, and claiming that if we have paid maternity leave then they deserve 67…

Makes you wonder if we should go back to age 60 after seeing how some of these guys act on a workplace related page.
Cognitive tests and psych evaluations just like new hires!

Quick point of order - the article is dated June 15th. The initial version of the House bill passed the transportation commitee vote, but has faced skepticism and/or outright hostility in the Senate and from the White House.

For anyone unfamiliar with the process, the House bill would need to be negotiated agains the as-yet unwritten Senate bill, and then signed into law by the president, before it could take effect. Apparently fearing that Age 67 may be a non-starter, the House committee introduced an amendment to strike the language regarding retirement age if the current version of the bill faces vocal opposition in the future.

If you feel that lobbying against the retirement age change is a worthwhile cause, and if you have not already done so, a link to the ALPA campaign against the change can be found here. It has prompts and instructions for both members and non-members to join the effort.
I got a form letter back from my congressman assuring me that he too is very concerned about pet welfare and animal cruelty.

I got a form letter back from my congressman assuring me that he too is very concerned about pet welfare and animal cruelty.
Yeah, no illusions here as to whether any legislators are actually reading whatever we choose to send them. The best case scenario is giving our lobbyists in DC enough raw numbers to sway whatever feckless congressional weathervanes aren't already ideologically in the tank for one outcome or the other.

A special shout out to the Delta Airlines Pilot, who had his Congressman brother, raise the retirement age to 67!

WOOOOHOOOOO

:sarcasm:

Calm your jets.

DALPA is firmly against it as well as ALPA national.

Did we 'thank' United Pilots when John Prater, President of ALPA, threw the industry under the rug and contributed to the "Lost Decade" by single-handedly pressing for an extension to 65? Prater got in office, had literally one agenda item then swiftly disappeared into obscurity.

We've already got one Cherokee Cruiser, bro! :)

Pepperidge FAHHHHHHMS memba's
0196ef7c0c089cb0d7f40658991c4afe.jpg

Calm your jets.

DALPA is firmly against it as well as ALPA national.

Did we 'thank' United Pilots when John Prater, President of ALPA, threw the industry under the rug and contributed to the "Lost Decade" by single-handedly pressing for an extension to 65? Prater got in office, had literally one agenda item then swiftly disappeared into obscurity.

We've already got one Cherokee Cruiser, bro! :)

Pepperidge FAHHHHHHMS memba's
View attachment 72777

Jets are calm.

Notice I said Pilot instead of PilotS? That was deliberate there :)

This is probably a question without an answer so far but what happens when 67 passes and ICAO doesn’t follow suit? Do the 65+ just stay on a widebody and get all of their international trips dropped? Or are there displacement bids shoving people into the left seat of a narrow body for the last 2 years? The logistics seem like a mess.

This is probably a question without an answer so far but what happens when 67 passes and ICAO doesn’t follow suit? Do the 65+ just stay on a widebody and get all of their international trips dropped? Or are there displacement bids shoving people into the left seat of a narrow body for the last 2 years? The logistics seem like a mess.
Depending on what happens I’d bet it might be cheaper to pay them to sit at home for the last 2yrs.

Good stuff.

The house voted in their version today. The senate has until September to pass their version and reconcile. The White House has been vocal about requiring an FAA reauthorization bill increasing the retirement be amended to remove it. There’s still a chance.

Just in case it’ll do any good at all, complete that ALPA call to action.

Depending on what happens I’d bet it might be cheaper to pay them to sit at home for the last 2yrs.
They’re all going to be out on disability. My company intentionally doesn’t have a public opinion the way Kirby does, but I can’t imagine A4A is trying to get this passed.

Good stuff.

The house voted in their version today. The senate has until September to pass their version and reconcile. The White House has been vocal about requiring an FAA reauthorization bill increasing the retirement be amended to remove it. There’s still a chance.

Just in case it’ll do any good at all, complete that ALPA call to action.
Have they? The latest I’ve seen from the White House was they didn’t want age 67 “without doing research.” Reading between the lines didn’t give me the warm and fuzzies or the idea they were 100% dead set against it.

Have they? The latest I’ve seen from the White House was they didn’t want age 67 “without doing research.” Reading between the lines didn’t give me the warm and fuzzies or the idea they were 100% dead set against it.
I read that somewhere… Bloomberg maybe? I’ll try to find it.

Back