Next Up in the RLA Conga Line

Is that actually the description that APA has given out, or is that the understanding that has been formed on various web forums and Facebook Groups. Because while yes, that is every company's dream, the FAA doesn't actually allow it, and no NC is going to agree to it, except in very narrow, defined circumstances.
I can't freaking wait for TA season to be over.

I can't freaking wait for TA season to be over.
agreed

FWIW I'd say 90% of the CA's I fly with are voting yes (granted almost all of them have 5 years or less left)

If you talk with Junior guys its more 60/40 yes/no

But certainly not the %99.9999 of online A-holes that are a no vote because they want a lime with their Sanpellegrino every leg

I keep saying this but we won't get any QOL improvements if we can't staff them. 🤷‍♂️

In one of the podcasts they said one of the main factors for determining the implementation timeline was allowing for the company to staff up in order to be able meet the requirements of the new contract. Soooo…..

Most all of it. PBS is coming in the winter for an April execution

I’m aware of the published target dates. Could happen.

The average line value in SEA is 87 hrs + for August

It doesn’t matter how magical PBS is it can’t get rid of trips and not assign them

I’m not trying to make anyone mad. I just don’t understand how PBS is going to be the amazing QOL improvement.

Other than not having to bid and trade all month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The average line value in SEA is 87 hrs + for August

It doesn’t matter how magical PBS is it can’t get rid of trips and not assign them

I’m not trying to make anyone mad. I just don’t understand how PBS is going to be the amazing QOL improvement.

Other than not having to bid and trade all month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concur.

Honestly, PBS at QX was pretty great. We went from line bidding like AS to a PBS that got me better trips/better days off/more control over schedule.

Hopefully y’all’s will be similar.

That’s what I keep hearing, and hopefully so. By the time PBS rolls out I’ll still be a junior captain in a base that sees almost the entirety of its block hour increase in the summer on the back side of the clock. The flights that nobody wants are still going to roll down hill to me. Rightly so of course, but I feel a little more indifferent about it than some of my colleagues.

That said, if I do in fact have more control over my schedule and I can also have it in my hands before the 17th of the month prior, maybe it’ll at least make those trips more palatable

8A3CED28-29E0-46C3-A515-D794171AB187.jpeg

I bid lines 1-xxx (xxx being whatever digits the last line in the packet).

3rd step is where the magic happens. I swap out my entire month. Literally the entire month.

Aug I got myself to 91:24 credit in 15 days work (16 off). Only 4 overnights. Rest are day trips. I’ll probably still pick up a day trip and swap one inefficient trip and get myself to 100 hrs with 16 days of work, 15 days off.

I do think PBS should be good, but I’m absolutely loving 3rd step and wish line bidding stuck around longer.

Last edited:
Back