Oh Skywest (or Southwest)?

I really don’t care. The person in question is a known problem and clearly our system of handling such issues and keeping the CPO from getting involved does not universally work in more extreme cases.

But knowing what I know, having spoken to who I‘ve spoken to and having flown with copilots who tell me a story about “this guy they just flew with”, I would have removed him from the flight and followed the path to wherever it lead. If after 23 years that makes me a pariah, well, so be it.

As professionals, we need to do a better job at self-policing, with teeth. Professional Standards should be more than a telephone call and platitudes about how to get along with one another and how to choose the best tulip bulbs for spring.

Professional Standards has a place, but it is mostly a toothless system. I did it for a while long ago, and the contacts generally fall into 3 categories. People that just want somebody to talk to and hear there story, one off misunderstandings that could normally be worked through, and calls about the same few guys over and over again. The last category generally doesn't get resolved because the problem pilot either doesn't believe there is an issue, or they don't care to resolve it (because it would mean changing their behavior). Eventually somebody skips over Pro Stands because of lack of results in the past, and depending on how dramatically they do so (email to the CP vs walking off the plane at an outstation in a foreign country) the issue may or may not get addressed.

I was fortunate that the one guy on a fleet I was on who I should have skipped pro stands and gone to the CP or HR about fell back off the wagon and then got addicted to meth. Problem resolved I guess.

fell back off the wagon and then got addicted to meth

Meth's a helluva drug

mIEYB.jpg

Do you have any evidence to prove this or are you just giving oxygen to a baseless claim?

As I said (if you read above) it was received in a whatsapp airline pilot group. Messages you send in whatsapp appear in green on the right side of the screen. Messages received are off-grey on the left side of the screen. This was the message received:

ED4-AE272-F926-4-B79-B439-AB063-D6-BA0-D2.png

Do you know what hearsay is?

Which is why I asked. And clearly said it’s just a rumor. The flight number and date are known. SWA knows who it is. Wouldn’t be too hard to figure out if this guy was a lib and played a prank, or if it was indeed a right wing kinda guy.

Bad look, either way.

Which is why I asked. And clearly said it’s just a rumor. The flight number and date are known. SWA knows who it is. Wouldn’t be too hard to figure out if this guy was a lib and played a prank, or if it was indeed a right wing kinda guy.

Bad look, either way.

What if I’m a group text and say that I heard you run a dog fighting ring, and I perpetuate that rumor online? What do you think happens to your character and the facts of the event

A classic example of spreading bogus information, with embellishment:

What if I’m a group text and say that I heard you run a dog fighting ring, and I perpetuate that rumor online? What do you think happens to your character and the facts of the event

A classic example of spreading bogus information, with embellishment:

Simple. No names have been given out. So it is not the same thing. I did not name the guy, I don't know who it is. Maybe he was a Dem doing this to make fun of Repubs. Or maybe was a right wing Repub. EITHER WAY. What he said sounds pretty damning and probably in serious trouble.

Amazing. You're defending the guy.

Simple. No names have been given out. So it is not the same thing. I did not name the guy, I don't know who it is. Maybe he was a Dem doing this to make fun of Repubs. Or maybe was a right wing Repub. EITHER WAY. What he said sounds pretty damning and probably in serious trouble.

Amazing. You're defending the guy.

You’re confusing my criticism of you perpetuating the rumor that it was a false flag with defense of the act.

You’re confusing my criticism of you perpetuating the rumor that it was a false flag with defense of the act.

At this point, it doesn't really matter what his political leanings were and whether he meant it as a prank or on purpose. Bottom line, it leaked online and it gives SWA a bad look. I'm sure he'll be dealt with accordingly. If you expect sympathy for this person because of perpetuating a rumor about whether he was a Dem that was pranking versus a right wing Repub? Nope.

Last edited:
At this point, it doesn't really matter what his political leanings were and whether he meant it as a prank or on purpose. Bottom line, it leaked online and it gives SWA a bad look. I'm sure he'll be dealt with accordingly. If you expect sympathy for this person because of perpetuating a rumor about whether he was a Dem that was pranking versus a right wing Repub? Nope.

Take some Ritalin, and stay on topic. Do you have evidence that it is a false flag perpetrated by a liberal pilot at SWA, or are you just doing your best to obfuscate the conversation and distract attention from what it is at face value?

Take some Ritalin, and stay on topic. Do you have evidence that it is a false flag perpetrated by a liberal pilot at SWA, or are you just doing your best to obfuscate the conversation and distract attention from what it is at face value?

No, I posted a chat that showed the topic under discussion only to ask if it was true. What don’t you understand?

No, I posted a chat that showed the topic under discussion only to ask if it was true. What don’t you understand?

Do you see how obtuse you are? This is why you are called a troll. Even if I don't single you out as the suspect in an alleged crime, but instead start the rumor that a pilot at Blue Star Airlines runs a dog fighting ring, traffics babies, deals meth, etc. It spreads an unsubstantiated accusation. Look at Bob. He gets it. Be more like Bob.

Because I could post a screen shot of a group chat wondering if you bang cows on the regular. But I won't because that's pretty thin evidence that you bang cows.

It's DidGlennBeckRapeAndMurderAYoungGirlIn1990.com all over again, but less funny.

Last edited:
Was I the one on the horn saying stupid stuff like he did? No I wasn't. And one does have to wonder, because his attack was way over the top in a glaringly obvious kind of way, that maybe he was batting for the other team and did it to make fun of right wingers.

But go ahead, spread rumors about banging cows if that gets you off. I don't judge kink. Just know that to any outsider looking in, you both completely ignoring what he said and instead taking offense to a QUESTION posed about if a certain rumor was true about which political side he was on when he ranted off. Your false equivalencies are completely moronic and irrelevant. Cows, dog fighting ring, all of it. If I had ranted on those subjects, then by all means you'd have every right to question those topics. To recap, some of you are ticked off that I questioned a rumor about whether this guy was indeed a left wing type who did it to make fun of right wingers. Nevermind you don't care to address his actual rant. Or what should happen to him as punishment. But yes, I'm the bad guy for asking a question about his political leanings that led to that rant. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Was I the one on the horn saying stupid stuff like he did? No I wasn't. And one does have to wonder, because his attack was way over the top in a glaringly obvious kind of way, that maybe he was batting for the other team and did it to make fun of right wingers.

But go ahead, spread rumors about banging cows if that gets you off. I don't judge kink. Just know that to any outsider looking in, you both are being obtuse by completely ignoring what he said and instead taking offense to a QUESTION posed about if a certain rumor was true about which political side he was on when he ranted off. Your false equivalencies are completely moronic and irrelevant. Cows, dog fighting ring, all of it. If I had ranted on those subjects, then by all means you'd have every right to question those topics. To recap, some of you are ticked off that I questioned a rumor about whether this guy was indeed a left wing type who did it to make fun of right wingers. Nevermind you don't care to address his actual rant. Or what should happen to him as punishment. But yes, I'm the bad guy for asking a question about his political leanings that led to that rant. :rolleyes:

The problem is that you duck, dodge and weave every time you are challenged. In this case, you were challenged to give any form of supporting evidence to back up your claim of a false flag, and you can't. So you do what you always do - duck, dodge, weave or deny, deny, deny and make counteracustaions. Trust me, I try to word my posts to you very specifically, in an effort to keep you on track. However, sometimes an analogy is needed to explain the point, hence the mention of dog fighting or meth, but you wander off into incoherent and unrelated babbling as an effort to distract or muddy the waters. A Red Herring is classic Cherokee Cruiser.

Just because I keep asking for you to prove this rumor and reflect on how detrimental unfounded rumors can be, doesn't imply that I condone or object to this pilot's actions.

Back