Speaking of Southwest - July 2019 Hiring

Have they posted? I've been constantly checking for the last few days, but have not seen anything yet. My dream job!

This might be a silly question, but, are SWA assistant dispatchers in CASS? And what's the typical training schedule like? M-F?

This might be a silly question, but, are SWA assistant dispatchers in CASS? And what's the typical training schedule like? M-F?
Yes Asst Dispatchers are in CASS. Classroom is Mon-Fri for the first 5 weeks but once you hit the floor its the 6-3-6-3-6-6 until you upgrade then its reserve schedule which is anyone guess, no inconstancy.

Not all assistants have the 6/3/6/3/6/6 rotation in training because the 20% reserve thing applies to assistants as well.

Could anyone confirm the Southwest process for establishing seniority with new hire classes? I thought I read on another thread that internals are first according to company seniority, followed by externals according to age, youngest to oldest. Is this still accurate?

Could anyone confirm the Southwest process for establishing seniority with new hire classes? I thought I read on another thread that internals are first according to company seniority, followed by externals according to age, youngest to oldest. Is this still accurate?
Yes, can confirm. Although its oldest to youngest. Also, we have feats of strength. And then air our grievances. After that a master assistant dispatcher is chosen to lead the group or die trying. There can be only one.

Yes, can confirm. Although its oldest to youngest. Also, we have feats of strength. And then air our grievances. After that a master assistant dispatcher is chosen to lead the group or die trying. There can be only one.

I thought you had to be brought into the union before you get to participate in Festivus.

Back